Author Topic: Robot Army of One: Service focuses on single robotic combat vehicle  (Read 181 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Robot Army of One: Service focuses on single robotic combat vehicle
By Jen Judson
 Oct 9, 07:15 AM

The Army is focusing its efforts on a robotic combat vehicle that isn't too small and isn't too large, but just right to keep up with heavy forces. (Jerome Aliotta/U.S. Army)

WASHINGTON — The U.S. Army has adjusted its pursuit of three robotic combat vehicles of different sizes, instead moving forward with a single size that fits the mission needs and can keep up with crewed combat vehicles, according to the service’s program executive officer for ground combat systems.

“We don’t really need a light or a medium [RCV] as a standalone. What we need is a platform that, depending on the mission payloads you choose, would fill a role or another. So it’s really now about payload,” Maj. Gen. Glenn Dean told Defense News in an interview ahead of the Association of the U.S. Army’s annual conference.

“That was something that came out of our experimentation at Fort Cavazos [formerly Fort Hood, Texas], with the 1st Cavalry Division” last year, he said.

https://www.defensenews.com/unmanned/2023/10/09/robot-army-of-one-service-focuses-on-single-robotic-combat-vehicle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Robot Army of One: Service focuses on single robotic combat vehicle
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 03:52:09 pm »
Wow!  There's some of that new creative military thinking, one size fits all. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson