Author Topic: The Army’s new chief has a plan and it’s all about warfighting  (Read 196 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Army’s new chief has a plan and it’s all about warfighting
By Todd South
 Oct 9, 07:18 AM

Gen. Randy George begins his tenure leading the Army as it faces a period of rapid change, competition with adversaries across the globe and a strained force. The new chief of staff intends to fuel that fight by distilling the complex set of challenges facing the force into a singular goal: ensuring the service is the best warfighting organization it can be.

The general was once a private, having enlisted out of his Iowa hometown, but by 1984 he was at the U.S. Military Academy at West Point. Graduating in 1988, the infantry officer first saw combat with the 101st Airborne Division as part of Operation Desert Shield/Desert Storm only two years later.

That operational career has informed how he wants to lead the Army through the coming years amid old and new demands on a smaller Army that’s expected to be everywhere it’s needed when called.

George, 58, talked with Army Times about his four focus areas, the generals he’s tasked with leading those efforts and what he expects from soldiers across the force.

https://www.armytimes.com/news/your-army/2023/10/09/the-armys-new-chief-has-a-plan-and-its-all-about-warfighting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The Army’s new chief has a plan and it’s all about warfighting
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2023, 03:35:31 pm »
The Army’s new chief has a plan and it’s all about warfighting

The way the headline should read: The Army’s new chief SAYS he has a plan and it’s all about warfighting.

The truth is he wouldn't have been nominated if he didn't support wokeness, in particular by thoroughly woken Milley! **nononono* Words, just words!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 03:36:18 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson