Author Topic: White House: Biden ‘Absolutely’ Stands by Saying Climate ‘Only Existential Threat’  (Read 270 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Biden ‘Absolutely’ Stands by Saying Climate ‘Only Existential Threat’

Ian Hanchett 10 Oct 2023

On Monday’s broadcast of the Fox News Channel’s “The Story,” White House National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby defended President Joe Biden’s remarks last month that climate change is “more frightening than a nuclear war,” and is “the only existential threat” facing humanity.

Host Martha MacCallum said, “So, now the United States is essentially involved in a war in Europe, as we give a tremendous amount of military aid to Ukraine as they fight Russia. We also say that we are rock solid in our support of Israel as they now face a battle that is against — and we can get into this in a moment — but supported by Iran, by all accounts. So, given that the United States is now involved in wars that are taking place in Europe and also in the Middle East, I want to play this soundbite that [was] just last month in Vietnam and ask you if this still holds for the President.”

She then played a clip of Biden stating that “the only existential threat humanity faces, even more frightening than a nuclear war, is global warming going above 1.5 degrees in the next ten years.”

MacCallum then asked, “Given all the nuclear players in these two areas where we are now engaged, John, does the President stand by that comment?”

Kirby answered, “Absolutely he does. Climate change is an existential threat. It actually threatens and is capable of wiping out all human life on Earth over time. I don’t know how [much] more existential you can get than that. But that doesn’t mean that we walk away from our obligations or our national security interests in very dangerous parts of the world, you mentioned two of them –.”

MacCallum then cut in to ask, “But John, he said it was ‘more frightening than a nuclear war,’ is that — it’s more frightening than a nuclear war in this moment?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/10/white-house-biden-absolutely-stands-by-saying-climate-only-existential-threat/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article…

Kirby answered, “Absolutely he does. Climate change is an existential threat. It actually threatens and is capable of wiping out all human life on Earth over time. I don’t know how [much] more existential you can get than that. But that doesn’t mean that we walk away from our obligations or our national security interests in very dangerous parts of the world, you mentioned two of them –.”

Climate change has existed since there’s been an Earth. And climate change will exist long after all of us are turned to dust

But there are people in this Administration that really believe that we are gone in  12 years unless we give more power to them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

From the article…

Climate change has existed since there’s been an Earth. And climate change will exist long after all of us are turned to dust

But there are people in this Administration that really believe that we are gone in 12 years unless we give more power to them

And the climate was much warmer during the time that human culture first began to develop and flourish.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Man has the ability to control nuclear war.

Man does not have the ability to control climate - that's why it's more firghtening to people who are not willing to adapt to the Climate Change beyond their control.

We're all just passenegers on this Big Blue Marble.  One day, that journey will come to an end, and there may not be anything humans can do to stop it.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.