Author Topic: BREAKING...Thread 2..........Israel At War  (Read 18651 times)

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Re: BREAKING...Thread 2..........Israel At War
« Reply #226 on: October 09, 2023, 12:14:58 am »
Yes, FJB.  Worst President ever.  Worse than Buchanan.  Worse than Pierce.  Worse than Wilson.  Worse than Carter.  Worse than Obama.

I think most would agree, Brandon is doing as directed by his former boss and others that are in charge.  Joe doesn't have a clue.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #228 on: October 09, 2023, 12:22:04 am »
I think most would agree, Brandon is doing as directed by his former boss and others that are in charge.  Joe doesn't have a clue.

I don't think it's nearly that direct.  I think there are people around Obama who talk to some of the people around Biden.  So, Obama has some influence.  But I don't think it is rote obedience because I think some of the people surrounding Biden are further to the left than Obama.  And that's saying something.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #230 on: October 09, 2023, 12:28:42 am »
OSINTdefender
@sentdefender
·
38m
According to the Israeli Defense Force at least 100,000 Reservists have so far reported for Active Duty with Hundreds of Thousands of additional Reservists available to be Called-Up if the need arises.
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #233 on: October 09, 2023, 12:52:38 am »
Without a Second Amendment Private Gun Ownership Low in Israel

AWR Hawkins 8 Oct 2023

As the world watches the atrocities of the past few days unfold in Israel — including Hamas terrorists going door to door to kill Israelis — it is notable that Israel does not have a U.S.-like Second Amendment and private gun ownership among Israelis is low.

The BBC reported that “Israeli gun ownership is low at about 2% of the population.” In contrast, the findings of a recent study by Rutgers University’s New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center estimated upwards of six in ten Americans own guns.

The difference, in large part, is the Second Amendment. Israelis are allowed to own guns at whatever level their government approves whereas Americans have a birthright to gun ownership that is protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/10/08/without-second-amendment-private-gun-ownership-low-israel/
Support the USO

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #234 on: October 09, 2023, 12:58:24 am »
I don't think it's nearly that direct.  I think there are people around Obama who talk to some of the people around Biden.  So, Obama has some influence.  But I don't think it is rote obedience because I think some of the people surrounding Biden are further to the left than Obama.  And that's saying something.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I suspect you are right about that,but even more importantly,the whole damn Biden family is for rent to the highest bidder. Pay Jill enough untraceable cash,and Slow Joe will immediately  become a Patriot.

There is not a single member of that family  that has the morality of a child rapist.

Well,MAYBE the dog.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #235 on: October 09, 2023, 01:10:51 am »

AWR Hawkins 8 Oct 2023

As the world watches the atrocities of the past few days unfold in Israel — including Hamas terrorists going door to door to kill Israelis — it is notable that Israel does not have a U.S.-like Second Amendment and private gun ownership among Israelis is low.

The BBC reported that “Israeli gun ownership is low at about 2% of the population.” In contrast, the findings of a recent study by Rutgers University’s New Jersey Gun Violence Research Center estimated upwards of six in ten Americans own guns.

The difference, in large part, is the Second Amendment. Israelis are allowed to own guns at whatever level their government approves whereas Americans have a birthright to gun ownership that is protected by the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/10/08/without-second-amendment-private-gun-ownership-low-israel/

@mystery-ak

This comes as a major surprise to me!

I would have "Bet the farm" that I read back in the 60's-70's that any Israeli citizen that wanted a Uzi or AK could get one just by going to the police station and asking for it. If he or she didn't have a criminal record,they got it for free.

Frankly,it made a hell of a lot of sense to me,and I applauded the wisdom of the Israeli leadership for recognizing this.

Am I the only one that "remembers" this?
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:16:37 am by sneakypete »

Offline Idiot

« Reply #236 on: October 09, 2023, 01:13:51 am »
 :bkmk:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #237 on: October 09, 2023, 01:19:04 am »

AWR Hawkins 8 Oct 2023

more
Something must have changed since I was in Israel decades ago. Then, almost everybody was armed. Open carry does not begin to describe it. Seeing citizens shopping with an AK strapped on their back and/or a .45 sidearm was completely normal. I saw people who lived in the West Bank or Southern Israel, finish a meal, they would wipe their mouth, stand up and check their weapons as a part of getting ready to go home. What happened to that?

That is why I was surprised by this. My experience is that 'most' Israelis especially in the Kibbutzim were armed 24 hours a day. Something happened over the last few decades. Apparently, they went soft/liberal and dropped their guard.

This will certainly change now. I am sure every Israeli citizen will be armed wherever they are after this attack, as they used to be. Why were no guards or security personnel at the festival event? Even American events have armed security ... but none in Israel at a festival on the border of Gaza? That is very strange. It is the definition of complacency and childish blind naiveté, which are definitely not traditional Israeli traits.

Again, no security and nobody anywhere was armed. This is not the Israel I know. Something very weird has happened since I left. I am confused?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: BREAKING...Thread 2..........Isreal At War
« Reply #238 on: October 09, 2023, 01:20:54 am »
Israel has God on their side.  Noone goes against Israel and succeeds.

@Jack Russell

If that is true,God seems to be asleep at the wheel.

Online Lando Lincoln

There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Online Hoodat

« Reply #240 on: October 09, 2023, 01:31:45 am »
Something must have changed since I was in Israel decades ago. Then, almost everybody was armed. Open carry does not begin to describe it. Seeing citizens shopping with an AK strapped on their back and/or a .45 sidearm was completely normal. I saw people who lived in the West Bank or Southern Israel, finish a meal, they would wipe their mouth, stand up and check their weapons as a part of getting ready to go home. What happened to that?

That is why I was surprised by this. My experience is that 'most' Israelis especially in the Kibbutzim were armed 24 hours a day. Something happened over the last few decades. Apparently, they went soft/liberal and dropped their guard.

My experience, too.  I was there in 2002, and everywhere I went, young people (18-20) would have Uzis strapped around their necks.  Of course most were active duty enjoying some time off, but still ready to defend their countrymen.  Not sure what has happened over the last 20 years.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #241 on: October 09, 2023, 01:39:33 am »
My experience, too.  I was there in 2002, and everywhere I went, young people (18-20) would have Uzis strapped around their necks.  Of course most were active duty enjoying some time off, but still ready to defend their countrymen.  Not sure what has happened over the last 20 years.
Me too. I was there around that same time. Reservists kept their weapons in their homes even when off duty, including in their vehicles. This would not have worked then. Hamas could not have 'rounded up' anybody without getting their asses shot off.

Israel must have fallen into the international far-Left "guns are bad" movement somewhere along the way, ignoring the fact that they are surrounded by bloodthirsty religious maniacs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 01:45:21 am by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #242 on: October 09, 2023, 01:47:01 am »
Israel does have gun control,  but they're acting now to remove restrictions in light of the current emergency.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #243 on: October 09, 2023, 01:51:39 am »
@Jack Russell

Where in the Bible does it say God will protect Jew or Christian from attack?  In fact it speaks of the last days being quite the opposite. "When you begin to see these things coming to pass, lift up your heads for your redemption is surely drawing near" Like 21.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Hoodat

« Reply #244 on: October 09, 2023, 02:04:33 am »
@Jack Russell

@sneakypete

Jesus probably felt that way while he was suffering on the cross.  But G-d came through in the end.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #245 on: October 09, 2023, 02:09:05 am »
Where in the Bible does it say God will protect Jew or Christian from attack?  In fact it speaks of the last days being quite the opposite. "When you begin to see these things coming to pass, lift up your heads for your redemption is surely drawing near" Like 21.

@NavyCanDo

You're not going to win a Biblical argument with Pete.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #246 on: October 09, 2023, 02:11:28 am »
Israel does have gun control,  but they're acting now to remove restrictions in light of the current emergency.
When I saw people taking videos of Hamas pouring in, I kept thinking, 'Why is nobody firing at them?' That is Israel I know.
One of the bloodthirsty satanists would stab one or two random people before being shot down. Because everyone had a gun.
Must be those 'restrictions' you describe did not exist back then.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #247 on: October 09, 2023, 02:11:50 am »
@NavyCanDo

You're not going to win a Biblical argument with Pete.

@Hoodat

There will be no argument.

He believes and I don't. We are both free to make up  our own minds about something this personal.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2023, 02:17:44 am »
@Hoodat

There will be no argument.

He believes and I don't. We are both free to make up  our own minds about something this personal.

Like I said.  The comment wasn't directed at you, @sneakypete .  We're good.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2023, 02:25:39 am »
No, Israel needs to find a new land.

We could have given them Utah, landlocked and safe, but NO... they HAD to steal Arab land against the Arabs' wishes... because Hitler or something. And for 75 years, nothing but strife.

This is white saviorism. Israel as we know it was a mistake, and nobody will admit it.

The method by which the modern state of Israel formed was bound to result in the present situation, or something worse.  At this point, the only way to settle the conflict is massive payments to surrounding arab countries to house all of the Palestinians from the West Bank and Gaza.  That is assuming the Palestinians would ever agree to leave peacefully.  You simply cannot have several million stateless arabs living in a prison camp adjacent to and dominated by a jewish government.  Nor can the Palestinians be entrusted with a country of their own.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 02:28:07 am by cato potatoe »