Author Topic: Aviators, ground troops and drones: The Army’s congestion problem  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Aviators, ground troops and drones: The Army’s congestion problem
By Todd South
 Oct 8, 07:00 AM

Army aviators and ground commanders face challenges of farther distances to travel, enemy systems that can strike aircraft and ground forces and a very crowded airspace.

A combination of efforts happening at multiple centers of excellence — which are responsible for establishing protocols across specific areas — seeks to tackle those problems, though not without some challenges.

The commander of the Aviation Center of Excellence, Maj. Gen. Michael McCurry, spoke at the September Maneuver Warfighter Conference at Fort Moore, Georgia and shared some of his observations as well as a future-focused plan.

The two-star noted that studies a few years ago, predating the Russia-Ukraine War, showed that Army aircraft staging areas were too close to the fight. All of them could be reached by enemy long-range fires and some by drones.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/news/your-army/2023/10/08/aviators-ground-troops-and-drones-the-armys-congestion-problem/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson