Author Topic: Never Trumpers Beginning to See the Writing on the Wall—That GOP Nomination Is Trump's to Lose  (Read 3464 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
For old times' sake -- Patrick McHenry trolls Barney Frank on the House floor

Man for a minute there I thought ole Barry was gonna pop a blood vessel. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
I respect all the people on this forum. Everyone.

At the same time I do not think that it is possible for a NeverTrumper to 'see the light', so to speak. They can never change. Trump is too inculcated into their psyche. Trump is ingrained/intertwined with their soul. Trump is the last thing they think about before going to bed. Trump is what they dream about while sleeping. Trump is the first thing they think about when they wake up. If Hitler and the anti-Christ had sex in Satan's bedroom, Trump would be the offspring. And so given that, a global nuclear war with Russia and China is preferable to Trump. A complete reversal of American demographics is preferable. The international collapse of the dollar can be overcome. And violent unchecked crime and riots will sort themselves out.

TDS is a clinically documented mental disorder. As one NeverTrumper put it, "I would rather die than to ever vote for Trump! Adding, and I just might."

That is how committed NeverTrumpers are. They are willing to take it all the way to death itself not only for themselves, but for their family, their children, their neighbors, and their friends. We will all die together Jim Jones style before we will ever vote for Trump. How can anyone deal with people like that? No amount of reason will sway them. And if they are willing to "die for the cause", then no amount of actual reality (the reality we all clearly see and live with right now, today, at this very moment) will make any difference.

Personally, I think Trump and his entire family, along with anyone who has ever worked for or with him, including everyone who ever voted for him and all their friends and families should all be rounded up and thrown in a dungeon. Then they should be injected with leprosy, cancer, and AIDS. After a year of bread and water they will be burned at the stake with Trump the first in line. And even that is too good for them. But that is just my opinion...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

At the same time I do not think that it is possible for a NeverTrumper to 'see the light', so to speak. They can never change. Trump is too inculcated into their psyche. Trump is ingrained/intertwined with their soul. Trump is the last thing they think about before going to bed. Trump is what they dream about while sleeping. Trump is the first thing they think about when they wake up. If Hitler and the anti-Christ had sex in Satan's bedroom, Trump would be the offspring. And so given that, a global nuclear war with Russia and China is preferable to Trump. A complete reversal of American demographics is preferable. The international collapse of the dollar can be overcome. And violent unchecked crime and riots will sort themselves out.

TDS is a clinically documented mental disorder. As one NeverTrumper put it, "I would rather die than to ever vote for Trump! Adding, and I just might."

That is how committed NeverTrumpers are. They are willing to take it all the way to death itself not only for themselves, but for their family, their children, their neighbors, and their friends. We will all die together Jim Jones style before we will ever vote for Trump. How can anyone deal with people like that? No amount of reason will sway them. And if they are willing to "die for the cause", then no amount of actual reality (the reality we all clearly see and live with right now, today, at this very moment) will make any difference.

Personally, I think Trump and his entire family, along with anyone who has ever worked for or with him, including everyone who ever voted for him and all their friends and families should all be rounded up and thrown in a dungeon. Then they should be injected with leprosy, cancer, and AIDS. After a year of bread and water they will be burned at the stake with Trump the first in line. And even that is too good for them. But that is just my opinion...

This is all 100% correct.

Offline roamer_1

Horseshit. Is it so damn hard to imagine people who object to Tumpy on principle?

I will never vote for Tumpy. Never. Because I think he did horrendous and unparalleled damage to this country... I have given fiscal and libertarian reasons and *NO ONE* has or can argue the facts of it... He DID THAT. And there is no way that should be rewarded with a second term.

Primarily, that is why I will not ever vote for Tumpy. You may as well ask me to vote for Biden. For the same damn reason. I am opposed on principle, and that's that. There is no way that will or should change, unless you can convince me that he did otherwise - But you can't and you know it. Not because I can't be moved. But rather, because the facts remain and short of a time machine, that cannot be repaired.

And that is not unreasonable. That is not incalcitrance. If I cannot be swayed it is strictly because of the fact. That fact IS the fact. And in the face of that, I cannot understand the utter insanity that WOULD reward such actions with another term.

It is not me. It's YOU, Y'ALL.

That is not TDS. It is principled objection. And to poke fun at it demeans us all.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Horseshit. Is it so damn hard to imagine people who object to Tumpy on principle?

I will never vote for Tumpy. Never. Because I think he did horrendous and unparalleled damage to this country... I have given fiscal and libertarian reasons and *NO ONE* has or can argue the facts of it... He DID THAT. And there is no way that should be rewarded with a second term.

Primarily, that is why I will not ever vote for Tumpy. You may as well ask me to vote for Biden. For the same damn reason. I am opposed on principle, and that's that. There is no way that will or should change, unless you can convince me that he did otherwise - But you can't and you know it. Not because I can't be moved. But rather, because the facts remain and short of a time machine, that cannot be repaired.

And that is not unreasonable. That is not incalcitrance. If I cannot be swayed it is strictly because of the fact. That fact IS the fact. And in the face of that, I cannot understand the utter insanity that WOULD reward such actions with another term.

It is not me. It's YOU, Y'ALL.

That is not TDS. It is principled objection. And to poke fun at it demeans us all.

"Demeans"? 

You take Narcissism to record heights, ya' mountain goat.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

"Demeans"? 

Nothing narcissistic about it. It's a matter of principle.

The very root of political conservatism is fiscal conservatism and libertarianism. Tumpy did horrendous damage to both. He did it. There it is. Attacking the very root.

How does one vote for that... MORE of that... and call oneself a Conservative?
What convoluted thought process allows for that? The dichotomy of thought is monumental. Impossible.

Mindlessly vote for more fiscal irresponsibility on the Right. Vote for more of your liberties to be assaulted. There's no two ways about it:

You'll get the government you deserve.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

"Demeans"? 

@DCPatriot

Still waiting for you to explain what you meant by saying what it says about me "as a man" that I won't vote for Trump.

Or aren't you "man enough" to speak plainly, but instead just hide behind innuendo?

Inquiring minds want to know!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 03:55:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online DCPatriot

The very root of political conservatism is fiscal conservatism and libertarianism. Tumpy did horrendous damage to both. He did it. There it is. Attacking the very root.

What convoluted thought process allows for that? The dichotomy of thought is monumental. Impossible.

Mindlessly vote for more fiscal irresponsibility on the Right. Vote for more of your liberties to be assaulted. There's no two ways about it:

This ain't about you or me @roamer_1

You vote for the candidate running against the Democrat Party...excuse me, the COMMUNIST PARTY and hopefully live to fight another day.

But you already know that, don't you?   *****rollingeyes***** 

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

This ain't about you or me @roamer_1

You vote for the candidate running against the Democrat Party...excuse me, the COMMUNIST PARTY and hopefully live to fight another day.

But you already know that, don't you?   *****rollingeyes*****

No I DON'T... Because what you are voting *FOR* is the same damn thing. FAR WORSE to vote FOR big government from the right... Because doing so takes the defense of small government off the table... If the right will not defend it, then we will have nothing.

Small government==fiscal conservatism and libertarianism.

Y'all are taking it off the table. And that is our doom.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump himself has disavowed that position.

Offline roamer_1

"Because Democrats" is a damnable lie, and a poor excuse.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 04:04:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline roamer_1

Your liberty is not important now... Not in the face of those Democrats...

The Democrats will kill your mother... But the Republicans will only kill your sister...

WTF is the matter with you people?

We are not here to defend Tumpy.

We are here to defend Conservatism... LIBERTY.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Not looking to argue or talk you out of your deeply held opinion, just honestly curious.  Why?  @240B

Online DCPatriot

Trump himself has disavowed that position.

He said he "..wouldn't support".

Never said he'd withhold his ballot on Election Day...like YOU did!

...ya damned bleep!

Online DCPatriot

Not looking to argue or talk you out of your deeply held opinion, just honestly curious.  Why?  @240B

LOL!  I just disregarded that entire paragraph as @240B being his normal sarcastic Monday.

Online DCPatriot

Your liberty is not important now... Not in the face of those Democrats...

The Democrats will kill your mother... But the Republicans will only kill your sister...

WTF is the matter with you people?

We are not here to defend Tumpy.

We are here to defend Conservatism... LIBERTY.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

LOL!  I just disregarded that entire paragraph as @240B being his normal sarcastic Monday.

Thanks @DCPatriot    happy77

@240B

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 04:42:47 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

Why yes... Yes it is. Almost sacred. How apropos that you posted that... Unaware of the irony.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

He said he "..wouldn't support".

Never said he'd withhold his ballot on Election Day...like YOU did!

...ya damned bleep!

What a crock.

Even if you make the completely unreasonable assumption that Trump would still vote for someone he "won't support", my failure to vote for Trump would only cost him one vote.  Trump's failure to support publicly the GOP nominee might cost that nominee millions of votes.  Which is more likely to have the greater impact on the outcome of the election?

But you already knew that.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 05:07:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

The dirty little secret is that Trump never was...nor will he ever be a Conservative.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Man for a minute there I thought ole Barry was gonna pop a blood vessel.

@Wingnut

I'd pay cash  money to be there to watch  that happen in person.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@240B

Jealousy and envy are self-inflicted diseases that eat the host alive.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

The dirty little secret is that Trump never was...nor will he ever be a Conservative.

*FACT*

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision

You know damn well that I don't have a family or kids. And under Trump, rabid anti-family sentiment has risen among those with wombs. Nonbinary didn't exist until Trump. Lesbianism has increased fivefold. The women who would swallow their pride and marry people like me are now refusing to marry anyone.

Why should I not die? Why should I keep living, knowing I'm just consuming resources and contributing to a warming planet? To give you guys another vote for your cult leader, who can do no wrong even though he regularly does wrong, who appointed Fauci, who advised Cuomo, who assumed dictatorship over four states in spring 2020?

Answer me! Because if things don't get better within the next couple of years, I just might end it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
DCPatriot observes:
"You take Narcissism to record heights, ya' mountain goat."

That's why I put him on ignore years ago, and will never change that.

There's a relative newcomer here (who's been referred to as "a loyalist") who I'm thinkin' about pushin' the button on, as well (but not yet).