Author Topic: Chicago residents enraged by migrant housing plan displacing seniors, youth: 'Blatant disrespect'  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago residents enraged by migrant housing plan displacing seniors, youth: 'Blatant disrespect'
Story by Bailee Hill •
2h

Chicagoans are enraged after it was revealed the city plans to house hundreds of migrants at a local park, displacing youth and senior programs as the Windy City continues to battle an influx of illegal immigrants.

Linda Johnson was one of the hundreds of residents who attended a protest against the move on Tuesday. She joined "America's Newsroom" to discuss why she is outraged by the intention to re-purpose Amundsen Park field.

"They're trying to put a Band-Aid on a leaky fountain, and the thing about that, it does not work and they don't have a plan," she said Friday. "Now, mind you, it is unfair to those that are coming in, and it's unfair to us that they are displacing in the park district."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/chicago-residents-enraged-by-migrant-housing-plan-displacing-seniors-youth-blatant-disrespect/ar-AA1hPFV0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=a1d1fbc5dae942ef9c91a0ef6e526edd&ei=58
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Gotta keep votin' Rat baby!
The Republic is lost.

Offline dfwgator

Suck It!  You voted for It!

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34