Author Topic: RFK Jr. set to speak at CPAC event  (Read 1277 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr. set to speak at CPAC event
« on: October 06, 2023, 06:57:00 pm »
 RFK Jr. set to speak at CPAC event
by Nick Robertson - 10/06/23 2:31 PM ET

Democratic presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. will be a headline speaker at a Conservative Political Action Conference event in Las Vegas later this month, the conference announced Friday.

The anti-establishment environmental lawyer has run a longshot primary campaign against President Biden, but is expected to change affiliation to independent next week.

“Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has a unique voice in advocating for the defunding of the weaponized bureaucracy and ensuring the constitutional right of medical freedom,” CPAC Chairman Matt Schlapp said in a statement. “Kennedy joining such an important event is a reflection of the splintering of the left-wing coalition that has gone full woke Marxist to the point that traditional liberals don’t feel welcome anymore.”

CPAC is the premier event for the conservative wing of the Republican Party, where its annual straw poll carries weight among political predictors. Former President Trump has won the straw poll every year since 2016, when it was won by Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas).

Kennedy’s support in early Democratic primary polls peaked at around 20 percent this spring, but has slowly petered as campaign season ramps up. Biden does not face significant primary opposition.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4242110-rfk-jr-set-to-speak-at-cpac-event/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: RFK Jr. set to speak at CPAC event
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 07:00:38 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 07:26:08 pm »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 07:49:59 pm »
The latest bit I saw is that he wants to ban hydraulic fracturing (fraccing).

The Natural Gas supply increase of the last two decades, as well as Oil and Natural Gas Liquids is directly a result of fraccing.  That has been so successful that 40% of electricity is powered by natural gas. A tremendous number of people in the middle of the country use Natural Gas as a primary heat source for homes and businesses.

Reservoirs deplete, and without new wells to replace that production (or re-stimulation of old wells, both of which will need to be fracced) production will decline, which means less supply, which means higher prices (not just motor fuels, but electricity, heat, fertilizer, and everything else).

That's another deal-breaker.  I'd rather have whoever run against Biden, than fall for a guy who sounds good on a couple of issues, but is totally wrong on others.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 11:18:56 pm »
Wwwhhhyyyyy?   **nononono*
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2023, 12:10:45 am »
Wwwhhhyyyyy?   **nononono*

My guess is that it is because CPAC is no longer a conservative organization, but a MAGA organization.  And there is a sizeable portion of MAGA that are anti-vaxx.  And not just Covid.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2023, 03:12:50 am »
My guess is that it is because CPAC is no longer a conservative organization, but a MAGA organization.  And there is a sizeable portion of MAGA that are anti-vaxx.  And not just Covid.

I am only anti-COVIDvax, and actually quite anti-COVID Hysteria.  I think MAGA overall might be very conservative, but the leader is not as much as the sycophants think.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2023, 03:40:28 am »
The Party of Reagan has truly lost its mind.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2023, 04:40:34 am »
The latest bit I saw is that he wants to ban hydraulic fracturing (fraccing).

The Natural Gas supply increase of the last two decades, as well as Oil and Natural Gas Liquids is directly a result of fraccing.  That has been so successful that 40% of electricity is powered by natural gas. A tremendous number of people in the middle of the country use Natural Gas as a primary heat source for homes and businesses.

Reservoirs deplete, and without new wells to replace that production (or re-stimulation of old wells, both of which will need to be fracced) production will decline, which means less supply, which means higher prices (not just motor fuels, but electricity, heat, fertilizer, and everything else).

That's another deal-breaker.  I'd rather have whoever run against Biden, than fall for a guy who sounds good on a couple of issues, but is totally wrong on others.

Haha, every time I start thinking I want to vote for him as a protest vote, I read one of these comments reminding me of his terrible things he supports... maybe i'll go Constitution party or libertarian. It won't be the first time, I voted for the libertarian in 2008.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2023, 08:31:28 am »
Haha, every time I start thinking I want to vote for him as a protest vote, I read one of these comments reminding me of his terrible things he supports... maybe i'll go Constitution party or libertarian. It won't be the first time, I voted for the libertarian in 2008.
I have voted Constitution Party. I like the platform.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2023, 12:07:58 pm »

I think I will not vote for any party in the upcoming election. I have been seeing a lot of Libertarian posts on X and they are batsh*t crazy
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2023, 01:09:58 pm »
Bob Jr. likes the green new deal. Way to go, CPAC.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1710455044686913640

And here he is, praising Hillary and Bernie:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1710496709397172500
« Last Edit: October 07, 2023, 03:02:46 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2023, 03:58:21 pm »
Bob Jr. likes the green new deal. Way to go, CPAC.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1710455044686913640

And here he is, praising Hillary and Bernie:

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1710496709397172500

CPAC sold its soul to Trump, which means it's no longer a conservative organization, but rather a populist one.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2023, 12:28:53 am »
WTH gives anyone the idea RFK Jr belongs at that gathering?  Last I checked, CPAC was “conservative.”  I must’ve missed the switch.

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2023, 12:09:26 am »

I think I will not vote for any party in the upcoming election. I have been seeing a lot of Libertarian posts on X and they are batsh*t crazy

Ice cream is better with nuts imo.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2023, 02:35:49 am »

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy