Author Topic: Changes coming after Arlington suspends use of horses due to health concerns  (Read 282 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 Changes coming after Arlington suspends use of horses due to health concerns
Story by David Martin •
19h

Arlington, Virginia — The horse-drawn caisson for funerals at Arlington National Cemetery is one of this nation's most solemn and majestic rituals.

But back at the stable, a 10-second video of a horse named George collapsing to the ground painted a different picture.

"When I touched George's neck, he fell to his knees, which is a very abnormal response in any horse," Maj. Beth Byles, a veterinarian for the horses, told CBS News. "And I've never encountered such a painful horse."

Byles said he just buckled under the pain.

"He did, yeah, it was shocking," Byles said.

CBS News obtained photos of other horses with scars from wearing ill-fitting harnesses and saddles while pulling a 2,600-pound caisson.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/changes-coming-after-arlington-suspends-use-of-horses-due-to-health-concerns/ar-AA1hLsZZ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=28e41320bef7475ca7a8b4dbdeba9600&ei=31
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

MORONS.