Author Topic: Manchin: States Should Bid to Take Migrants  (Read 335 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Manchin: States Should Bid to Take Migrants
« on: October 06, 2023, 01:47:49 pm »
Manchin: States Should Bid to Take Migrants

Ian Hanchett 6 Oct 2023

On Friday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Morning Joe,” Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) argued that the federal government shouldn’t be responsible for every migrant in the country and “Every state should be bidding” on taking migrants and then they’d “be responsible to make sure they’re acclimated to our way of life.” Manchin also acknowledged not every state can take migrants.

Manchin stated that the asylum system is set up in a way where “you just put one foot on our soil and you have all these rights. And people are sick and tired of” migrants sapping resources.

He continued, “I’ll give you a perfect example, Joe, in the Eastern Panhandle of West Virginia, we have people that have orchards and they need people to come and help [with] picking crops and all that. They could have — we have housing there for them, everything. We need — planting — we could have taken some from New York, and every state can’t. But you’re not going to fix this by saying the federal government’s going to be responsible for all the people that are here or coming here. Every state should be bidding on, we can take 50,000 workers in West Virginia, I’m just [saying] hypothetically, and then you’re going to be responsible to make sure they’re acclimated to our way of life.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/06/manchin-states-should-bid-to-take-migrants/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Manchin: States Should Bid to Take Migrants
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2023, 01:51:24 pm »
:mauslaff:

What tree was he smoking from before he did this interview?

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2023, 02:11:13 pm »
They already are!  They're called "sanctuaries." :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2023, 02:40:47 pm »
The only auction where the winning bid is the loser.

So, Joe wants to exploit illegal immigrant labor for orchard owners in West Virginia?

If them apple pickers hang around, the State of West Virginia will have to pay for their housing, food, children's schooling, healthcare, etc.  A win for orchard owners; a loss for West Virginia tax payers. 

How do you like them apples, Joe?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2023, 02:49:55 pm »
The only auction where the winning bid is the loser.

So, Joe wants to exploit illegal immigrant labor for orchard owners in West Virginia?

If them apple pickers hang around, the State of West Virginia will have to pay for their housing, food, children's schooling, healthcare, etc.  A win for orchard owners; a loss for West Virginia tax payers. 

How do you like them apples, Joe?

:thumbsup:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2023, 04:15:23 pm »
I appreciate Joe coming forward to remind West Virginians what he is.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2023, 04:30:30 pm »
I'll bid $1 Bob...
The Republic is lost.