Author Topic: Trump would accept House speakership for a 'short period' while Republicans decide on a permanent re  (Read 625 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump would accept House speakership for a 'short period' while Republicans decide on a permanent replacement
Trump told Fox News Digital he would serve as a 'unifier' until Republicans can rally around a new speaker
 By Brooke Singman Fox News
Published October 5, 2023 4:59pm EDT

EXCLUSIVE: Former President Donald Trump told Fox News Digital that he would accept a short-term role as speaker of the House of Representatives to serve as a "unifier" for the Republican Party until lawmakers reach a decision on who should take on the post.

Rep. Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., was removed as speaker of the House on Tuesday after Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., introduced a measure against him known as a motion to vacate, accusing him of breaking promises he made to win the speaker's gavel in January.

"I have been asked to speak as a unifier because I have so many friends in Congress," Trump told Fox News Digital. "If they don’t get the vote, they have asked me if I would consider taking the speakership until they get somebody longer-term, because I am running for president."

"They have asked me if I would take it for a short period of time for the party, until they come to a conclusion — I’m not doing it because I want to — I will do it if necessary, should they not be able to make their decision," Trump said.

Trump did not specify who had asked him, although a number of GOP lawmakers have said he is their preference for speaker.

Since McCarthy’s ouster, both House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, R-Ohio, and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, R-La., have announced bids to run for speaker.

Trump stressed that if Republicans cannot come to a consensus, he would take the speakership for a short "30, 60, or 90-day period."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-accept-speakership-for-short-period-republicans-decide-permanent-replacement
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Trump has so many friends in Congress??  Honestly, that's something that I didn't know.

I also don't see Trump as being accepted as an interim Speaker for 30, 60 or 90 days. 
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 11:04:29 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Schumer responds to calls for Trump to be speaker of House: 'No thanks, we're good'

Schumer responds to calls for Trump to be speaker of House: 'No thanks, we're good'
MTG says 'House chamber will be like a Trump rally' every day if Trump is speaker
By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published October 5, 2023 4:28pm EDT

Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., snapped back at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, R-Ga., online Thursday afternoon as calls for former President Trump to become the next speaker of the House echo among some GOP lawmakers.

"No thanks, we’re good," Schumer said on X, formerly known as Twitter, in response to the congresswoman. "We’ve seen a Trump rally at the Capitol already."

Schumer's post was a dig at Trump, who has been accused as the main perpetrator for the Capitol riots on Jan. 6, 2021.

Greene originally posted, "If Trump becomes Speaker of the House, the House chamber will be like a Trump rally everyday!!"

She added, "It would be the House of MAGA!!!"

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/schumer-responds-calls-trump-speaker-house-no-thanks-were-good
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Since there is already a validly appointed interim Speaker, there is no need for Mr. Trump. 

Online berdie

Since there is already a validly appointed interim Speaker, there is no need for Mr. Trump.

Correct. But it would continue with the reality tv that we are watching. "Tune in for the next exciting episode..."

Yes, I'm disgusted with the antics. 9999hair out0000

Offline roamer_1

Not to mention that he would be utterly inept. His 'kiss the ring' mentality is the exact opposite of what is needed in a speaker.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 05:28:13 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline NavyCanDo

The way the Republican by-laws are written Trump could not be voted in as Speaker.   They have a no federal indictment clause in the requirements for the position.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What an attention *ho^$  ... The man probable plays tapes of himself on TV at night (to go along with his warehouse of memorabilia). 
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Thanks, but no thanks.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell