Author Topic: ‘Republican’ Sen. John Cornyn Joins The Deep State In Calling Conservatives Terrorists  (Read 360 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
John Cornyn Joins Deep State In Calling Conservatives Terrorists
Evita Duffy-Alfonso

Forever war enthusiast Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) declared Tuesday that the ouster of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House was tantamount to a “terrorist attack,” suggesting that the eight House members who voted with Democrats to remove McCarthy were, themselves, terrorists.

“We saw a similar thing happen to Boehner, Ryan, and now McCarthy. I’m sure the next speaker is going to be subjected to the same terrorist attacks,” Cornyn said. Later, Cornyn doubled down on his remarks, writing on X, “A handful [of] House members just want to blow up the institution and themselves in the process. Sad.”

To be clear, a cut-and-dry democratic vote to remove someone from a place of power is the farthest thing from a terror attack, which involves a premeditated, violent assault that inflicts injury, death, and fear on a populace.

In likening eight Republicans to “terrorists,” Cornyn joins the left in their campaign to label virtually all conservatives — the very people Cornyn claims to represent — as dangerous domestic extremists and terrorists.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/10/04/republican-senator-john-cornyn-joins-the-deep-state-in-calling-conservatives-terrorists/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The sooner Texas rids itself of John Cornyn the better off we will all be!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
They should quit with the over the top "terrorist" or "treason" schtick.   It diminishes the actual meaning of those words and makes them sound hysterical.

Plenty of more serious, legitimate ways to state opposition to what happened.

However, I do think that this changes how the Senate will work with the House moving forward for the rest of this Congress.  This last round, Senate Republicans withdrew their backing for the Senate bill once the House passed a slightly better CR in Saturday.  That forced House and Senate Dems to go along.

But that bill expires in 45 days, and the next time around, I suspect the Senate GOP will kiss-off the House.  So we're almost certain to end up with something worse.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 04:39:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Hoodat

Forever war enthusiast Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) declared Tuesday that the ouster of Kevin McCarthy as Speaker of the House was tantamount to a “terrorist attack,” suggesting that the eight House members who voted with Democrats to remove McCarthy were, themselves, terrorists.

If this is going to be the rhetoric of the Establishment over their anointed Kevin McCarthy getting dethroned, then it tells me that Gaetz et al did the right thing.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

What do you think the Dems are blackmailing him with?  Dead girl or live boy?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
John Cornyn Joins Deep State In Calling Conservatives Terrorists
Evita Duffy-Alfonso

“We saw a similar thing happen to Boehner, Ryan, and now McCarthy. I’m sure the next speaker is going to be subjected to the same terrorist attacks,” Cornyn said. Later, Cornyn doubled down on his remarks, writing on X, “A handful [of] House members just want to blow up the institution and themselves in the process. Sad.”

To be clear, a cut-and-dry democratic vote to remove someone from a place of power is the farthest thing from a terror attack, which involves a premeditated, violent assault that inflicts injury, death, and fear on a populace.

In likening eight Republicans to “terrorists,” Cornyn joins the left in their campaign to label virtually all conservatives — the very people Cornyn claims to represent — as dangerous domestic extremists and terrorists.

more
https://thefederalist.com/2023/10/04/republican-senator-john-cornyn-joins-the-deep-state-in-calling-conservatives-terrorists/

Let's see... Matt Gaetz is a "hero" and he is also a "terrorist"? Why is the GOP so prone to hyperbolic statements? It's like the base is a bunch of 5 year olds.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Let's see... Matt Gaetz is a "hero" and he is also a "terrorist"? Why is the GOP so prone to hyperbolic statements? It's like the base is a bunch of 5 year olds.

Well....

Offline libertybele

:yowsa:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.