Author Topic: U.S. Ships to participate in San Francisco Fleet Week  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
U.S. Ships to participate in San Francisco Fleet Week
« on: October 05, 2023, 03:06:11 pm »
U.S. Ships to participate in San Francisco Fleet Week
Posted on October 4, 2023 by Seapower Staff

03 October 2023

Story by Brian O’Rourke

SAN FRANCISCO – Sailors, Marines and Coast Guardsmen from several ships, squadrons and military units will be in San Francisco for the annual San Francisco Fleet Week, Oct. 2-9.

Participating ships and units include the San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock ship USS John P. Murtha (LPD 26); the Arleigh Burke-class guided missile destroyer USS Paul Hamilton (DDG 60); the Legend-class Coast Guard cutter USCGC Waesche (WMSL 751); the Coast Guard fast response cutter USCGC Benjamin Bottoms (WPC 1132); the Blue Angels; the Navy parachute team, the Leap Frogs; Navy Band Southwest; 1st Marine Division Band; I Marine Expeditionary Force; 1st Marine Logistics Group; Combat Logistics Battalion 11; 1st Medical Battalion; U.S. Coast Guard District 11; Navy Talent Acquisition Group Golden Gate; Explosive Ordnance Disposal Group 1; Amphibious Construction Battalion 1; Amphibious Squadron 7; Expeditionary Strike Group 3; and Navy Region Southwest.

San Francisco Fleet Week offers the public an opportunity to take a tour of the ships and interact with service members as they showcase their ships’, units’, and services’ capabilities. It also gives the public a chance to gain a better understanding of how the sea services support the national defense of the United States and protect freedom of the seas.

https://seapowermagazine.org/u-s-ships-to-participate-in-san-francisco-fleet-week/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: U.S. Ships to participate in San Francisco Fleet Week
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2023, 03:10:52 pm »
I can't think of a more meaningless place for a "Fleet Week" than possibly L.A., Portland, Seattle, NYC, or Boston. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson