Author Topic: Jim Jordan working to garner support from home state delegation in bid for speaker  (Read 200 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jim Jordan working to garner support from home state delegation in bid for speaker
by Reese Gorman, Congressional Reporter
October 05, 2023 06:00 AM

Rep. Jim Jordan (R-OH) is trying to bolster support for his speakership bid within the Ohio delegation, receiving the endorsement of three of the nine Republicans representing the state.

Jordan received the endorsement of Rep. Warren Davidson (R-OH), a member of the House Freedom Caucus, who told the Washington Examiner in a statement that he believes Jordan is the candidate who will unite the House Republican Conference.

“As I’ve said, I believe whomever can unite the House GOP around a shared agenda will emerge as the next speaker,” Davidson said. “Jim unites our conference. His leadership, influence, and tireless effort have helped build our majority. ‘Do what you said you would do’ isn’t just a great book title, it’s the path forward. I unequivocally support my friend and America’s champion for freedom: Jim Jordan as the next speaker of the House.”

But it’s not just the hard-line conservative members of the delegation like Davidson who have endorsed him. Centrist members of the Ohio delegation, such as Reps. Mike Carey (R-OH) and Mike Turner (R-OH), have endorsed the House Judiciary Committee chairman to be the next speaker.

“House Republicans need a leader who can unite the conference and build on the accomplishments of Kevin McCarthy,” Carey said in a statement. “We were elected to rein in runaway federal spending, curb inflation, combat rising crime, and fix this border crisis. Jim Jordan is a proven conservative fighter who can continue delivering on our commitment to America.”

Turner, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, also endorsed Jordan.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/jordan-garner-support-home-state-delegation-speaker
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If Jordan gets the Speakership can he still sit on Committees?
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34