Author Topic: Newt Gingrich: The Republicans who voted to oust McCarthy are 'traitors'  (Read 441 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Newt Gingrich: The Republicans who voted to oust McCarthy are 'traitors'

Former Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich says it's a 'very sad' day after Kevin McCarthy's ousting from the speakership on 'Hannity.'

https://www.foxnews.com/video/6338346938112
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: Newt Gingrich: The Republicans who voted to oust McCarthy are 'traitors'
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 03:34:08 pm »
What Newt's really saying:   Don't even *think* about leaving the Uniparty plantation.   :nono:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 03:41:46 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 04:49:35 pm »
They're either self-interested, short-term thinkers, or both.

But not traitors.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 04:56:14 pm »
Traitors to whom?

McCarthy was a bad choice for Speaker.

It took 15 rounds of voting to elect him.  Only 1 round of votes to kick him to the curb.

What qualified McCarthy to be Speaker?  Because he wanted it?  Because he would give away anything and everything to get the office?

It was McCarthy who agreed to the mechanism that allowed Matt Gaetz to have McCarthy outsted.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 04:59:03 pm »
Traitors to whom?

It took 15 rounds of voting to elect him.  Only 1 round of votes to kick him to the curb.

What qualified McCarthy to be Speaker?  Because he wanted it?  Because he would give away anything and everything to get the office?

It was McCarthy who agreed to the mechanism that allowed Matt Gaetz to have McCarthy outsted.

Exactly.  The traitors are the Republicans who didn't vote to oust him.  He played poorly and catered to the DEMS -- remember the first budget deal he made with them.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2023, 12:09:36 am »
I am normally  a big fan of most things Newt says,but he screwed up on this one.

Just proves that nobody is perfect,not even a shrewd political operator like Newt.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2023, 04:59:45 am »
Traitors to whom?

:thumbsup:  Well said.