Author Topic: Ron DeSantis hauls in $15 million in past three months, moves presidential campaign staff to Iowa  (Read 475 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Ron DeSantis hauls in $15 million in past three months, moves presidential campaign staff to Iowa

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis brought in $15 million in fundraising over the past three months for his Republican presidential campaign.

The DeSantis campaign also confirmed to Fox News that it is moving staff from Florida to Iowa, where the Jan. 15 caucuses lead off the GOP presidential nominating calendar.

The campaign touted that their haul "shatters expectations" as they announced their July-September third quarter of 2023 fundraising on Wednesday.

DeSantis has been trying to change the narrative after a series of setbacks over the summer, which triggered weeks of negative stories spotlighting his campaign’s overspending, staff layoffs, change of leadership and other issues.

This significant fundraising haul not only provides us with the resources we need in the fight for Iowa and beyond, but it also shuts down the doubters who counted out Ron DeSantis for far too long," campaign manager James Uthmeier said in a statement.

About a third of the DeSantis campaign staff, including top political and communications officials, were told on Wednesday that they would be headed short-term to Iowa. DeSantis has spent most of his time on the campaign trail in Iowa the past two months, as he aims for a strong finish in an effort to become the top alternative to former President Donald Trump, the commanding front-runner in the GOP nomination race as he makes his third straight White House run.

The developments were first reported by The New York Times and confirmed by Fox News............

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ron-desantis-hauls-15-million-past-three-months-moves-presidential-campaign-staff-iowa
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
RDS needs to spend some of that and start slamming Trump on his far left campaign promise intiatives ASAP.

I'd bet 90+% of conservatives and likely MAGA's probably are not unaware of his FDR tendencies.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

RDS needs to spend some of that and start slamming Trump on his far left campaign promise intiatives ASAP.

I'd bet 90+% of conservatives and likely MAGA's probably are not unaware of his FDR tendencies.

:thumbsup:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

RDS, even after this $15 million "haul", only has $5 million on hand for the primary contest.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

(CBS News political reporter)

aaron Navarro
@aaronlarnavarro

Trump campaign just put out their Q3 numbers: $45.3M raised, $37.5 COH ($36M allowed for primary)

DeSantis campaign put out their Q3 numbers earlier: $15M raised, $15M COH ($13.5M for campaign, $1.5M for PAC). But only $5M eligible for primary.

7:44 PM · Oct 4, 2023

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
RDS, even after this $15 million "haul", only has $5 million on hand for the primary contest.
What happened to "I can't be bought because I'm really, really rich?"

You do realize that he's not using his money to campaign, other than perhaps paying you, right? He's using it to fund his defense.

edited to x-out the potshot
« Last Edit: October 06, 2023, 12:09:51 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online mountaineer

You do realize that he's not using his money to campaign, other than paying you, right? He's using it to fund his defense.
True.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org