Author Topic: Defiant McCarthy Lashes out at Gaetz, Hints at Retirement, Blasts Eight Republicans Who Voted Agains  (Read 235 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Defiant McCarthy Lashes out at Gaetz, Hints at Retirement, Blasts Eight Republicans Who Voted Against Him
By Bob Hoge | 9:24 PM on October 03, 2023

An at-times annoyed, downcast, and even humorous Kevin McCarthy took to the podium Tuesday evening to hold a nearly hour-long press conference discussing his ouster from the House Speakership position, an effort spearheaded by Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL).
Advertisement

McCarthy lit into his colleague from Florida, indicated that he would not run for the speakership again, said the eight Republicans who voted against were not real conservatives, and even hinted he might resign from office altogether.

Watch:

https://twitter.com/SpeakerMcCarthy/status/1709349632315199968

more
https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/10/03/defiant-mccarthy-lashes-out-at-gaetz-hints-at-retirement-blasts-8-republicans-who-voted-against-him-n2164654
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
He needs to dial "1-800-Wahh-Wahh"

Did he really think he had the votes to stop it?  He must be as out of touch with his own Caucus as he is with the whole country.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Kevin McCarthy and John Boehner can share a box of kleenex as they weep, while Paul Ryan listens to Led Zepplin on 8-track tape.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Kevin McCarthy and John Boehner can share a box of kleenex as they weep, while Paul Ryan listens to Led Zepplin on 8-track tape.

Perhaps a bottle of Scotch as well. That would suit Boehner.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien