Author Topic: Besieged NYC scrambling to open more shelters as 800 new migrants arrive in single day, twice the us  (Read 276 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Besieged NYC scrambling to open more shelters as 800 new migrants arrive in single day, twice the usual number
Story by Craig McCarthy •
14h

The city is under new siege from the border as 800 migrants poured into the Big Apple in a single day in the past week — double the usual number — leaving officials scrambling to open even more shelters.

“New Yorkers are going to start to see visibly what being out of room means: We are out of room,” Mayor Eric Adams warned Tuesday ahead of his immigration-discouragement tour south of the border — including to the dangerous Darien Gap jungle of Colombia.

“We’re getting ready to take a real shift in this whole crisis,’’ said Adams — as the city prepares to add to the more than 200 emergency shelters it has already opened to deal with the migrant flood in addition to the state’s mega asylum-seeker housing sites.

“We’re going to tell them what the real conditions are,” he said of the message he hopes to peddle to wannabe migrants in countries such as Mexico, Colombia and Ecuador.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/besieged-nyc-scrambling-to-open-more-shelters-as-800-new-migrants-arrive-in-single-day-twice-the-usual-number/ar-AA1hEi07?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=32c5c3cde6ec4a2cad8023360b350da4&ei=57#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline LMAO

As much as I try, I just can’t feel bad for New York City’s leaders. They’re getting exactly what they wanted. They should be happy.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

As much as I try, I just can’t feel bad for New York City’s leaders. They’re getting exactly what they wanted. They should be happy.

Yup.