Author Topic: McHenry ordered Pelosi to leave her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday  (Read 983 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Politico By Nicholas Wu and Daniella Diaz 10/3/2023

The former speaker blasted the move as a “sharp departure from tradition.”

As one of his first acts as the acting speaker, Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered former Speaker Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday, according to an email sent to her office viewed by POLITICO.

“Please vacate the space tomorrow, the room will be re-keyed,” wrote a top aide on the Republican-controlled House Administration Committee. The room was being reassigned by the acting speaker “for speaker office use,” the email said.

McHenry, a close McCarthy ally, was first on his list to become acting speaker after the Californian was booted in a Tuesday afternoon vote.

More: https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/10/03/congress/mchenry-pelosi-hideaway-office-house-remove-00119803

Offline Hoodat

Re: McHenry ordered Pelosi to leave her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2023, 01:37:37 am »
Things are already looking up.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2023, 11:00:26 am »
https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/matt-gaetz-kevin-mccarthy-house-speakership-10-03-23/h_72b90cb8631ea5e748a46a7a3538bcb8

Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said interim speaker, GOP Rep. Patrick McHenry, has ordered her to vacate her office in the Capitol building.

She maintains her regular office in the Cannon House building.

CNN viewed an email that was sent just after 6 p.m. ET from McHenry’s office to Pelosi’s office:

“Going to reassign h-132 for speaker office use. Please vacate the space tomorrow.”

"Sadly, because I am in California to mourn the loss of and pay tribute to my dear friend Dianne Feinstein, I am unable to retrieve my belongings at this time,” Pelosi said in a statement, referring to the California senator who died last week.

EXCERPT

Retaliation.  I saw another story this morning in which Pelosi had supposedly promised to provide McCarthy a few Democrat votes to save his Speakership (which is why he may have went into that vote so confident) but then stabbed him in the back.  That's what scorpions do to frogs...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scorpion_and_the_Frog

aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2023, 11:12:33 am »
More here...

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/10/03/nancy-pelosi-ordered-out-of-her-office-by-new-acting-speaker-n2164656

McHenry is a close ally of McCarthy, and this is almost certainly well-deserved retaliation. According to McCarthy, as part of the passage of the recent 45-day clean continuing resolution, Pelosi had promised to not support Gaetz if a motion to vacate was filed. Instead, the former Democrat Speaker stabbed now former Republican Speaker in the back and actually encouraged her caucus not to save McCarthy. In the end, Democrats joined with a small group of Republicans to end McCarthy's tenure.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2023, 02:51:54 pm »
Acting Speaker Patrick McHenry Orders Pelosi to Vacate Her Capitol Secret Hideaway Office by Wednesday
By Pamela Geller - on October 4, 2023

One of his first acts Acting Speaker House Rep. Patrick McHenry has ordered Rep. Nancy Pelosi to vacate her capitol hideaway office by Wednesday Secret Speaker office? WTH?

Acting Speaker Patrick McHenry Orders Pelosi to Vacate Her Capitol Hideaway Office by Wednesday
By Cristina Laila, Gateway,  October 3, 2023:

As his first act as Acting Speaker, Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office by Wednesday.

Rep. Patrick McHenry (NC) was appointed as Acting Speaker after McCarthy was ousted.

McCarthy chose McHenry as Speaker Pro Tempore earlier this year and he now has all the powers of a House Speaker

McHenry ordered former Speaker Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office pronto!

Pelosi lashed out at McHenry and said his ruthless move to evict her from her hideaway office is “a sharp departure from tradition.”

https://gellerreport.com/2023/10/pelosi-forced-to-vacate-secret-hideaway.html/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2023, 02:54:55 pm »
I have to believe a lying Speaker conspiring with perjuring party members to impeach a president is a sharp departure from tradition, too. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2023, 02:55:39 pm »
Wow!  First day on the job, and he wallops Pelosi.  Nice.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2023, 02:58:41 pm »
There's an obvious reason for this.

McCarthy is now an ex-Speaker who would be entitled to that same consideration, and there aren't any extra "Speaker offices" left.  And since Pelosi's party are the ones who just voted to create a new former Speaker...too bad.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2023, 03:07:39 pm »
He did when she was out of town!  That is cold.   :whistle:
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2023, 03:10:40 pm »

+10 in Style Points, for the interim Speaker........    :beer:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2023, 03:34:53 pm »
House Republicans have told Rep. Steny Hoyer to vacate his Capitol hideaway office, the former majority leader's office confirmed Wednesday.

The move comes as acting speaker Rep. Patrick McHenry ordered former Speaker Nancy Pelosi to vacate her Capitol hideaway office too, as POLITICO first reported. Former House Majority Whip Jim Clyburn did not have an office in the Capitol this Congress, his office said.
Nicholas Wu

Nicholas Wu
10/04/2023, 8:52am ET
https://www.politico.com/live-updates/2023/10/04/congress/preparing-for-a-competitive-gop-whip-race-00119895
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2023, 03:37:00 pm »

As much as I hate Pelosi they could have waited until she returned from Feinstein's funeral...cold indeed!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2023, 05:54:32 pm »
As much as I hate Pelosi they could have waited until she returned from Feinstein's funeral...cold indeed!
Maybe he was hoping Pelosi would have a apoplectic fit and stroke out?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2023, 06:54:09 pm »

It's honestly easier this way because her staff will be left behind and can do the move to the new office while she's gone.  Otherwise, it would be disrupting her ability to work while she's in Washington.

They obviously won't admit that, but it is true nevertheless.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2023, 09:32:10 pm »
It's honestly easier this way because her staff will be left behind and can do the move to the new office while she's gone.  Otherwise, it would be disrupting her ability to work while she's in Washington.

They obviously won't admit that, but it is true nevertheless.

I thought this was her second office, and has a public office too.  I could be mistaken.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2023, 10:00:19 pm »
I thought this was her second office, and has a public office too.  I could be mistaken.

I figure it has to do with prestige. Kind of like the people that I used to work with that considered a larger, strategically placed or office with windows a feather in their caps. Truthfully, I always thought that was goofy. Just give me a desk to work at. Close to the copier and IT person and far away from all the other nonsense. I work here, I don't live here, lol.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2023, 10:03:57 pm »

Nah ... Nancy can have her staff move her while she raids her freezer of her favorite ice cream.  Hey, she and Joe have something in common.  Isn't that nice?  *****rollingeyes*****
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2023, 10:58:27 pm »
Patrick McHenry:
"Give me the secret hideaway, or give me death!"

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2023, 03:52:15 pm »
The Whole ‘McHenry Kicks Pelosi out of Her Hideaway Office’ Story Gets Even More Amusing
By Sister Toldjah | 7:54 PM on October 04, 2023

We wrote earlier about how one of the first orders of business for speaker pro tempore Patrick McHenry (R-N.C.) in the aftermath of the House's ousting of Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) as Speaker was to notify former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) that she needed to immediately remove her things and vacate her hideaway office.

Also, according to reports, an email sent from a House Administration Committee aide indicated the room was being redesignated “for speaker office use."

Naturally, the move prompted some wailing from Pelosi, who proclaimed that the decision was "a sharp departure from tradition." It was kind of an ironic statement to make considering, as my colleague Bonchie noted, ousting a House Speaker - which Pelosi's fellow Democrats ultimately supported even after she allegedly told McCarthy prior to him becoming Speaker she would push back against such a move - is quite a departure from tradition as well.

In an update to this story, we're learning that it wasn't McHenry but McCarthy himself who was behind the call to get Pelosi kicked out of her hideaway office, something few on the House side have outside of high-ranking members. Further, the person who will be utilizing that office will be ... McCarthy:

Kevin McCarthy was behind interim Speaker Patrick McHenry’s move to kick former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former Majority Leader Steny Hoyer out of their office spaces, two Republican sources told CNN.

GOP Rep. Garret Graves told reporters on Wednesday that McCarthy is getting the office that McHenry has ordered her to vacate.

“Look the deal is that the office that Pelosi is in right now is the office of the preceding speaker. Speaker Pelosi and other Democrats determined that they wanted a new … speaker, and it’s Kevin McCarthy. So, he’s getting the office,” he said.

more
https://redstate.com/sister-toldjah/2023/10/04/the-whole-mchenry-kicks-pelosi-out-of-her-hideaway-office-story-gets-even-more-amusing-n2164688
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2023, 03:53:38 pm »
Andrea Mitchell Is Really Upset That Pelosi Got Booted From Her Office
By Bonchie | 10:21 AM on October 05, 2023

No matter what one thinks of Rep. Kevin McCarthy's ouster as Speaker of the House, there's been at least one positive development. That would be multiple Democrats, including Rep. Nancy Pelosi, getting kicked out of their prestigious hideaway offices within the Capitol Building.
Advertisement

As RedState reported, Interim Speaker Patrick McHenry immediately evicted Pelosi after the motion to vacate was passed. It wasn't long until the wailing and gnashing of teeth commenced. MSNBC's Andrea Mitchell joined that chorus, decrying the supposed breach of tradition.

ANDREA MITCHELL: Let me ask you about the retaliatory action that was taken within an hour or so, taking away the ceremonial rooms of Nancy Pelosi. Speakers need offices in the Capitol and they by-- I think Pelosi let John Boehner –

BRENDAN BUCK: Well, Boehner left, but Denny Hastert had on office in the Capital—

MITCHELL: And also let Paul Ryan keep offices for a while, not sure which happened, but she did not take the rooms away and did that in the past.

BUCK: Well, Boehner and Ryan were both gone, sort of, immediately after they left the speakership, so they didn't need any space. I will confess a, maybe, unpopular opinion. I don't have any problem with Patrick McHenry taking away an office space from Nancy Pelosi. They booted—they just basically worked with Matt Gaetz to construct a coup of the Republican leadership.

MITCHELL: Well, the fact is they changed the locks while she was in San Francisco and couldn't –

BUCK: I don't think that when you participate in a coup of the Republican leadership that you should expect any professional courtesy at this point. I don’t think any—I think any collegiality goes out the door at that point. So, I know that may be unpopular, but I have absolutely no problem with that.

If you've ever seen an interview conducted by Mitchell with Pelosi, you'll understand the level of affection the former has for the latter. The MSNBC "journalist" has long drolled over the former Speaker, not only treating her with kid gloves but actively promoting her political positions.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2023/10/05/andrea-mitchell-is-really-upset-that-pelosi-got-booted-from-her-office-n2164699
Support the USO

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2023, 05:08:08 pm »
Mitchel would eat the corn out of Pelosi's poop if she was asked to.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline bilo

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2023, 05:36:36 pm »
This is the first order of business!

Send everyone home and throw Rats out of their offices.

It's not like we have a budget and 12 appropriation bills to pass and negotiate with the Senate.

It's not like we need caucus and pick a new Speaker.

I guess it's pretty clear what the priorities of the Establishment Loyalists are. It's all about them and their perks.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2023, 05:38:24 pm »

It's not like we have a budget and 12 appropriation bills to pass and negotiate with the Senate.

I guess it's pretty clear what the priorities of the Establishment Loyalists are. It's all about them and their perks.

One of the reasons for dismissing Congress for the rest of the week was precisely so that the members could meet privately in their various caucuses to discuss who should be the next speaker.  That sort of contentious log-rolling is much more efficiently done off the floor of the House.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2023, 05:43:10 pm »
One of the reasons for dismissing Congress for the rest of the week was precisely so that the members could meet privately in their various caucuses to discuss who should be the next speaker.  That sort of contentious log-rolling is much more efficiently done off the floor of the House.

Clearly, a lot of people were very pissed about what happened, which might have made it an extraordinarily bad time to talk about an election.  Right now, they're burning up the phones and having meeting to get support to elect a new Speaker.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2023, 05:43:32 pm »

Pottery Barn rule.  You guys own this.