Author Topic: Gaetz takes victory lap after historic vote to boot McCarthy from House speakership  (Read 489 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz takes victory lap after historic vote to boot McCarthy from House speakership
With McCarthy out of a job, Gaetz floats idea of who he would support to fill the position
By Jamie Joseph Fox News
Published October 3, 2023 6:23pm EDT

Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., took a victory lap following Tuesday’s historic vote to oust House Speaker Kevin McCarthy, R-Calif., with the help of a handful of hardline Republicans in his own party.

"We're concerned about the future of the conservative agenda in the house," Gaetz told reporters on the Hill Tuesday afternoon. "I would say that the conservative agenda was being paralyzed by Speaker McCarthy."

"We didn't even send in a subpoena to Hunter Biden, our oversight was lackluster, our spending priorities were misaligned," he continued. "The top line budget was going to lead to more inflation, more debt, more challenges — so the best way to advance the conservative agenda is to move forward with a new speaker."

House Financial Services chairman Rep. Patrick McHenry will serve as interim Speaker until a replacement for McCarthy is chosen. Gaetz expressed support for a couple of potential candidates to replace the speaker — including GOP Reps. Tom Emmer, Mike Johnson, Jodey Arrington, Kevin Hern, or Steve Scalise, none of whom voted to oust McCarthy — should they decide to run for the speakership.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/gaetz-takes-victory-lap-historic-vote-boot-mccarthy-house-speakership
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Love the headlines

Breaking News
Kevin McCarthy ousted as House speaker, thrusting Congress into chaos

House in chaos
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Right_in_Virginia

Love the headlines

Breaking News
Kevin McCarthy ousted as House speaker, thrusting Congress into chaos

House in chaos

Rep. Matt Gaetz
@RepMattGaetz

I don’t think voting against @SpeakerMcCarthy is chaos.

I think $33 Trillion in debt is chaos.

I think not passing single-subject spending bills is chaos.

I think being governed by continuing resolutions and omnibus bills is chaos.

Chaos is somebody we cannot trust with their word.

That’s why I’ve moved to vacate the chair.

3:15 PM · Oct 3, 2023

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Remind me how Gaetz voted on the CARES Act that kicked off all the chaos.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
A phyrric victory for Gaetz.

I hope he enjoyed being a Democrat puppet and doing their dirty work for them today.

This isn't a win for the GOP or the Conservatives.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

Exactly!

He was leading the charge on a Seinfeld Shutdown...now he's succeeded in the removal of a Speaker that had the backing of the House Freedom Caucus with no plan going forward on what to do after he got his personal revenge on McCarthy.

The GOP in the House is a clown show right now.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline kevindavis007

I hope he enjoyed being a Democrat puppet and doing their dirty work for them today.

:thumbsup:
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

:bingo:
Support the USO

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I have gotten to the point I just wanna watch the world burn....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Odd how the hate Trump, worship Biden paradise turns out with so many blind supporters angry and bitter as they turned and put on blinders and ear muffs!  The Biden/democrat promises-lies for this woke utopia!  Must be time for more lies and deceptions utopian paradise, eh?
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions