Author Topic: HOW SERIOUS ARE ‘WAR THUNDER’S’ CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT LEAKS?  (Read 191 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HOW SERIOUS ARE ‘WAR THUNDER’S’ CLASSIFIED DOCUMENT LEAKS?
MILITARY AFFAIRS
BY ALEX HOLLINGS
OCTOBER 2, 2023

Last week, a user on the War Thunder gaming forum named BarteG98PL posted a complete technical manual for the AH-64D Apache Longbow — a modernized iteration of the long-serving helicopter gunship that entered service in 1997 and continues to fly for the United States, United Kingdom, Japan, and several other nations. Based on our research, this could be as high as the 30th time a document of this sort has found its way into War Thunder’s forums.

With yet another batch of restricted documents now apparently leaked on forums associated with this popular game, these breaches of security have gone from semi-comedic novelty to what sure seems like a legitimate threat to the national security of more than one nation… But are they really?

In this era of internet trends collecting steam as they roll down the hill of online hyperbole, it can be difficult to assess just how grievous these breaches truly are, let alone how or why these leaks keep happening. But based on our findings, the ever-growing tale of War Thunder leaks seems to be less of a story about secrets being revealed by gamers, and more like media outlets and social media users really liking the idea of secrets being revealed by gamers.

WHAT IS WAR THUNDER ANYWAY?

https://www.sandboxx.us/news/how-serious-are-warthunders-classified-document-leaks/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson