Author Topic: US military modifies requirements to tackle enlistment shortages  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US military modifies requirements to tackle enlistment shortages
Story by Evan Lambert •
13h

(NewsNation) — A pilot program to get army recruits into better physical and academic shape has been successful, with nearly 10,000 recruits graduating from it about a year after its debut.

The program preparing recruits for boot camp came in response to the military’s low enlistment numbers.

One of the biggest problems in recruiting is the growing number of young people who aren’t in the physical or academic shape to meet the military’s requirements.

Military leaders commit to addressing filthy conditions in barracks
“The results from the Future Soldier Preparatory Course have been very encouraging, providing more than 8,800 young men and women a path to serve in our all-volunteer force,” said Gen. Gary M. Brito, the commanding general for U.S. Army Training and Doctrine Command.

Along with the additional training, the Army has simplified the often dreaded tape test, which is used to gauge soldiers’ body fat.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/us-military-modifies-requirements-to-tackle-enlistment-shortages/ar-AA1hB4sQ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=accaee980bf84f37a2c3023598ac6a13&ei=29#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US military modifies requirements to tackle enlistment shortages
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2023, 11:15:10 am »
The left's hatred of America is bearing fruit in the military, it is becoming less physically fit with lower mental ability.  That means less able to do its job. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson