Author Topic: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair  (Read 8533 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Gaetz Has Filed Motion To Vacate the Chair
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2023, 05:39:41 pm »
I think McCarthy stabbed us conservatives in the back, but throwing a bomb blowing up this whole thing at our most politically vunerable point is a losing strategy.  The MSM loves to paint the GOP as inept and destructive grandstanders......   

This just gives them a whole extra box of ammo.

Exactly....I never wanted McCarthy to begin with and would love to see him go but not this way..
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #51 on: October 03, 2023, 05:41:15 pm »
I think he'll get them.  Enough of the "burn it all down" types for that.  It'll at least provide some entertainment.

My guess is to how all this goes down is that if there are eventually enough votes for someone else to be Speaker, that person will refuse to make any promises to Gaetz' crowd.

I agree.

When we got to the point of the 15th ballot back in January in the Speakers race , there were 21 opposed to McCarthy at the onset of voting. , and looking at the roster of those 21, I can easily see 5 supporting Gaetz.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #52 on: October 03, 2023, 05:43:18 pm »
Pelosi: House Republicans responsible for electing Speaker

Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Tuesday there is “no justification” to depart from the tradition of the House majority party choosing the Speaker.

“The Speaker of the House is chosen by the Majority Party,” Pelosi wrote in a post on X.

“In this Congress, it is the responsibility of House Republicans to choose a nominee & elect the Speaker on the Floor. At this time there is no justification for a departure from this tradition. The House will be in order.”

Pelosi did not reveal how she plans to vote on the motion to oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif).
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2023, 05:44:00 pm »
I agree.

When we got to the point of the 15th ballot back in January in the Speakers race , there were 21 opposed to McCarthy at the onset of voting. , and looking at the roster of those 21, I can easily see 5 supporting Gaetz.

Here's the problem:

I think the hardliners are going to demand that the new Speaker agrees not to support any continuing resolution.  It all seems pointless if they don't.  But I also think there are a lot of GOP reps who will refuse to support any speakership candidate who essentially promises that we're in for a very long shutdown.  So they won't vote for anyone who meets the criteria being demanded by the hardliners.

I really don't know how to the around that unless the hardliners suddenly decide that a continuing resolution is acceptable, which would make them look pretty silly.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #54 on: October 03, 2023, 05:44:56 pm »
Pelosi: House Republicans responsible for electing Speaker

Former Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Tuesday there is “no justification” to depart from the tradition of the House majority party choosing the Speaker.

“The Speaker of the House is chosen by the Majority Party,” Pelosi wrote in a post on X.

“In this Congress, it is the responsibility of House Republicans to choose a nominee & elect the Speaker on the Floor. At this time there is no justification for a departure from this tradition. The House will be in order.”

Pelosi did not reveal how she plans to vote on the motion to oust Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif).

Gaetz has made Pelosi sound statesmanlike.  Great move.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #55 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:08 pm »
🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint
Watching these Republicans come out and attack Matt Gaetz is laughable. 

We, the voters, are sick and tired of a GOP that constantly loses.  We don’t want this leadership anymore.  Bending over and letting McCarthy remain Speaker just because it keeps the dems out of the role is laughable. 

What’s the difference between Speaker McCarthy and Speaker Jeffries?  It’ll have the same result for us. 

At least Matt Gaetz has the guts to stand up and finally say enough!
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:53 pm »
I Meme Therefore I Am 🇺🇸
@ImMeme0
Kevin McCarthy…

- Stroked a deal with Biden to send more money to Ukraine
 - Blocking the subpoena to Hunter Biden
- Sold us out on the debt ceiling
- Didn’t secure the border
- Didn’t release the Jan6 tapes
- Kept 87,000 New IRS Agents
- Hasn’t helped J6 political prisoners
- Refuses to hold anyone accountable
- Keeps voting with Democrats
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2023, 05:46:51 pm »
🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint

We, the voters....

Who the heck is this guy to say that he speaks for "we, the voters"??  He's one voter.  He doesn't speak for the 100M+ of the rest of us.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2023, 05:50:52 pm »

Online kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2023, 05:57:02 pm »

I think McCarthy stabbed us conservatives in the back, but throwing a bomb blowing up this whole thing at our most politically vulnerable point is a losing strategy.  The MSM loves to paint the GOP as inept and destructive grandstanders...   

Please remember that "strategy" should Donald Trump become the GOP Nominee?     :laugh:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline libertybele

« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2023, 05:58:41 pm »
I Meme Therefore I Am 🇺🇸
@ImMeme0
Kevin McCarthy…

- Stroked a deal with Biden to send more money to Ukraine
 - Blocking the subpoena to Hunter Biden
- Sold us out on the debt ceiling
- Didn’t secure the border
- Didn’t release the Jan6 tapes
- Kept 87,000 New IRS Agents
- Hasn’t helped J6 political prisoners
- Refuses to hold anyone accountable
- Keeps voting with Democrats

That is why McCarthy needs to go -- he's a RINO, always has been and always will be.  I'm glad to see Gaetz stand up against him -- BUT again, the magic question is, who would replace him? That's the danger here, we don't need another liberal in place.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2023, 06:00:39 pm »
Who the heck is this guy to say that he speaks for "we, the voters"??  He's one voter.  He doesn't speak for the 100M+ of the rest of us.

I believe this is Clay Travis and the Clay & Buck show that replaced Limbaugh.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2023, 06:01:18 pm »
🇺🇸Travis🇺🇸
@Travis_in_Flint

We, the voters, are sick and tired of a GOP that constantly loses.  We don’t want this leadership anymore.  Bending over and letting McCarthy remain Speaker just because it keeps the dems out of the role is laughable. 

What’s the difference between Speaker McCarthy and Speaker Jeffries?  It’ll have the same result for us. 

At least Matt Gaetz has the guts to stand up and finally say enough!

This person clearly doesn't understand what the democrats are capable of.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2023, 06:03:02 pm »
Sean Davis
@seanmdav

Every conservative lawmaker I’ve talked to points to the debt limit deal as the moment when trust was broken between McCarthy and conservatives who backed him in January. That lack of trust—not any specific policy item in the CR/shutdown fight—is what paved the way to this afternoon’s vote. https://thefederalist.com/2023/06/01/democrats-victory-lap-over-mccarthys-debt-ceiling-surrender-tells-you-all-you-need-to-know-about-the-compromise/

11:14 AM · Oct 3, 2023

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2023, 06:07:01 pm »
I believe this is Clay Travis and the Clay & Buck show that replaced Limbaugh.

Which means he's still only one guy.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2023, 06:07:01 pm »
I think McCarthy stabbed us conservatives in the back, but throwing a bomb blowing up this whole thing at our most politically vunerable point is a losing strategy.  The MSM loves to paint the GOP as inept and destructive grandstanders......   

Absolutely, McCarthy stabbed us conservatives in the back!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2023, 06:08:43 pm »
This person clearly doesn't understand what the democrats are capable of.

Clearly.

Gaetz is like a kid of a working class family who is mad his parents didn't by him the spaceship trip he wanted for Christmas.  The votes in Congress are not there to force what the hardliners are trying to force.  The refusal to acknowledge that reality is at the root of all of this.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:11:10 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #69 on: October 03, 2023, 06:09:29 pm »

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

Why is it that Republicans are always fighting among themselves, why aren’t they fighting the Radical Left Democrats who are destroying our Country?
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #70 on: October 03, 2023, 06:10:09 pm »
Well, almost time to see if Gaetz has enough Democrat allies to win his motion....

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #71 on: October 03, 2023, 06:11:55 pm »
Real Mac Report
@RealMacReport
Reporters ask Rep. Matta Gaetz about his motion to remove Kevin McCarthy as House Speaker.

Rep. Matt Gaetz: "Biden says there's a deal with the Speaker on Ukraine. The Speaker just stood up in front of us and said there's no deal on Ukraine. Someone's lying about whether or not in this CR negotiation there was a secret side deal on Ukraine funding."
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #72 on: October 03, 2023, 06:12:09 pm »
Gingrich needs to keep his mouth shut (for once).

Gingrich said: "Gaetz is violating the House Republican Conference rule that states the motion to vacate “should only be available with the agreement of the Republican Conference so as to not allow Democrats to choose the Speaker."

Is that true, or not?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #73 on: October 03, 2023, 06:13:08 pm »
Rep. Ken Buck
@RepKenBuck
·
6m
Kevin McCarthy has repeatedly broken his word both to the American people and to members of Congress.
Support the USO

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #74 on: October 03, 2023, 06:15:13 pm »
I'm not necessarily against what Gaetz is doing, I just question his plan here. Does he have a next move?

And I feel no sympathy for McCarthy, he did this to himself.
The Republic is lost.