Author Topic: The Primary is Over  (Read 432 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The Primary is Over
« on: October 01, 2023, 01:18:59 pm »
October 1, 2023
The Primary is Over
By Matt Kane

The Republican primary race is over.  While the first official vote cast for the Republican nominee is still roughly three months away, the smears, mugshots, indictments, and other inevitable political tricks to come against Trump will not prevent him from winning the Republican nomination for president for a third time, and easily.  Trump’s increasing strength signals that voters won’t settle for “just any Republican.” If Republican candidates truly want to ensure Biden (or another Democrat) is denied a chance to continue his carnage, they should drop out immediately and rally behind Trump.  While you shouldn’t count on that happening, that doesn’t invalidate the many reasons why this race ended long before it even started.

A healthy amount of both national and state-level polling shows historic support for a non-incumbent.  Polls can’t be fully trusted, but if all are showing similar figures it gives them at least some level of legitimacy.  Even in a field with a double-digit number of candidates, Trump has already secured the majority or close to it.  For reference, he entered the 2016 race with around 10-12% support and won the nomination with just 44% of the vote.  If anyone else had his current polls during any past primary in such a crowded field, there would be calls for all candidates to drop out to build as much party momentum as possible to defeat the Democrat nominee.  This makes Republicans challenging Trump pure hypocrites when they speak about “coming together,” “party unity,” and “winning the general,” since they are attempting to beat the candidate who is already in the best position to achieve these things. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/10/the_primary_is_over.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: The Primary is Over
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 11:40:56 pm »
The MAGA's, deplorables, and many rank-and-file Republican voters look at Mr. Trump and think, "if they can do it to him, they eventually will do it to me as well".

That gets their ire up, and deepens their resolve to take sides with the guy who the DCommunists are trying to railroad on the fast track.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2023, 07:10:14 pm »
:mauslaff:

If it's over, then so, too, is the general election; and the democrats have won both times.

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2023, 07:24:17 pm »
Since when did the American Thinker turn full Trumpinista?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2023, 07:34:28 pm »
The MAGA's, deplorables, and many rank-and-file Republican voters look at Mr. Trump and think, "if they can do it to him, they eventually will do it to me as well".

That gets their ire up, and deepens their resolve to take sides with the guy who the DCommunists are trying to railroad on the fast track.

https://twitter.com/huwhitememes/status/1708912783482397007

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2023, 07:37:02 pm »
This makes Republicans challenging Trump pure hypocrites when they speak about “coming together,” “party unity,” and “winning the general,”

Sorry, but I think "hypocrite" the moment I hear Trump or any of his supporters use those words because he expressly disavowed supporting some other Republican candidates if they happened to win the nomination.  Trump/Trumpers aren't interested in those words unless it is Trump himself who is the nominee.

I also think it's kind of funny to hear most Trumpers talk about the Republican Party having to "unify" behind Trump when most of them trash the Republican Party every chance they get.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 07:57:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2023, 07:53:36 pm »
Sorry, but I think "hypocrite" the moment I hear Trump or any of his supporters use those words because he expressly disavowed supporting some other candidates if they happened to win the nomination.  They aren't interested in those words unless it is Trump himself who is the nominee.

I also think it's kind of funny to hear most Trumpers talk about the Republican Party having to "unify" behind Trump when most of them trash the Republican Party every chance they get.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2023, 08:05:23 pm »
 ////00000////

The World Series, SuperBowl, Stanley Cup, and NBA Championships are over.

The New York Mets have already won the World Series.
The Detroit Lions have already won the SuperBowl.
The Columbus Blue Jackets have already won the Stanley Cup.
The New Orleans Pelicans have already won the NBA Championship.

Watching Fall sports is just a waste of time.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright