Author Topic: Gaetz teases anti-McCarthy motion: ‘Stay tuned’  (Read 238 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz teases anti-McCarthy motion: ‘Stay tuned’
« on: October 02, 2023, 08:06:32 pm »
 Gaetz teases anti-McCarthy motion: ‘Stay tuned’
by Mychael Schnell and Emily Brooks - 10/02/23 1:15 PM ET

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.) teased his upcoming move to force a vote on ousting Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) in a floor speech Monday shortly after the House gaveled into session — but he reiterated that the effort will kick off this week.

“Stay tuned,” he said in a speech on the House floor.

Gaetz said over the weekend that he will move to force a vote on booting McCarthy from the Speakership this week after the GOP leader worked with Democrats to pass a continuing resolution (CR) and avert a government shutdown over the weekend — a course of action that Gaetz had opposed for weeks.

Gaetz focused his speech on what he alleged was a “secret side deal” between McCarthy and President Biden about approving Ukraine funding in the future. The “clean” stopgap funding bill Congress approved just hours before a Saturday shutdown deadline did not include the White House’s requested boost to Ukraine aid by billions.

“For all the crocodile tears about what may happen later this week about a motion to vacate, working with the Democrats is a yellow brick road that has been paved by Speaker McCarthy, whether it was the debt limit deal, the CR or now the secret deal on Ukraine,” Gaetz said on the House floor. “This is swampy log-rolling.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4234170-gaetz-teases-anti-mccarthy-motion-stay-tuned/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: Gaetz teases anti-McCarthy motion: ‘Stay tuned’
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 08:19:12 pm »
Do it already.  Stop wasting our time, otherwise.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.