Author Topic: US Border 'Too Open Right Now,' Warns New York's Hochul  (Read 214 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US Border 'Too Open Right Now,' Warns New York's Hochul
« on: October 02, 2023, 05:35:46 pm »
US Border 'Too Open Right Now,' Warns New York's Hochul
Gov. Hochul, a Democrat, has called for Congress to put limits on 'who can come across the border.'

By Rashi Varshney
10/2/2023
Updated:
10/2/2023

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul has made fresh comments on the current immigration crisis facing New York City, warning Congress that the "country's border is too open right now," and calling for limits "who can come across the border."

In an interview on CBS's "Face the Nation," she remarked that the country's border is currently too much of a free-for-all. She said that people from all over the world are being allowed into the country for "simply saying they need asylum" and ending up the streets of New York City.

The comment comes on the back of New York's ongoing struggle with an unprecedented influx of illegal immigrants. According to New York City officials, over 110,000 illegal immigrants have come to the city over the past year, with around 60,000 living in the city's shelter system, costing billions of dollars per year.

https://www.theepochtimes.com/us/us-border-too-open-right-now-warns-new-yorks-hochul-5501891
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: US Border 'Too Open Right Now,' Warns New York's Hochul
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2023, 05:36:52 pm »
How can the border be too open when the administration says its closed? :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson