Author Topic: California Man Pinpoints Gear Stolen in Car Break-In, Floored by What Police Tell Him: Report  (Read 317 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California Man Pinpoints Gear Stolen in Car Break-In, Floored by What Police Tell Him: Report
Story by Warner Todd Huston •
17h

© The Western Journal
A San Francisco man got the shock of his life twice over when his car was robbed in Oakland, California. Not only did he lose $24,000 worth of camera equipment, but what the police told him about the crime made matters so much worse.

Justin Schuck was just in the midst of rebuilding his life after coming back from a substance abuse problem four years before and was preparing to start a new career in filmmaking. In pursuit of that goal, Schuck had purchased $24,000 worth of camera equipment, lenses, drones, and other items and had the lot stashed in a way he thought no one could see it in his rented Tesla.

Schuck had enrolled in the masters film program at SF State and was going to use the equipment to work toward his degree. The items were all brand new and had not yet even been taken from the boxes. In fact, he only had the items a short time and had not yet insured them, according to KGO-TV.

The budding filmmaker had an appointment to shoot some production video in Oakland and headed into the town on Sept. 9.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/california-man-pinpoints-gear-stolen-in-car-break-in-floored-by-what-police-tell-him-report/ar-AA1hwT0u?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=1d5159f105fb4f4ca61cdaf31ede7e1f&ei=28#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson