Author Topic: Marine Corps Leaders Struggle with How to Train Female Infantry Officers Amid Worries About  (Read 200 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Leaders Struggle with How to Train Female Infantry Officers Amid Worries About 
28 Sep 2023
Military.com | By Shawn Snow

In 2018, a Marine general who heads the service's training command wrote about his concern that the "pursuit of ensuring fair and equitable opportunity" had allowed a female Marine candidate demonstrating "dangerously poor performance" to continue a key course.

"This could have resulted in a MISHAP," Maj. Gen. Kevin Iiams, the commanding general of Marine Corps Training and Education Command, wrote in an email to other Marine Corps officers obtained by Military.com through a government records request.

The candidate was undertaking the Corps' grueling 15-week Infantry Officer Course.

"Did we let this 2Lt go to [sic] far before ending her training?" Iiams wrote in the email.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2023/09/28/marine-corps-leaders-struggle-how-train-female-infantry-officers-amid-worries-about-standards.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Why isn't a gender-neutral term being used for women since we are always being told by the left there is no difference between men, women, and trannies?  And since all are equal, why is the military concerned by standards?  Being equal, the human once known as woman can do anything the human once known as man, the old standards are already in place for use. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson