Author Topic: Matt Gaetz: I Will Move to Oust McCarthy as Speaker this Week  (Read 1176 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz: I Will Move to Oust McCarthy as Speaker this Week
« on: October 01, 2023, 02:08:14 pm »
Matt Gaetz: I Will Move to Oust McCarthy as Speaker this Week

Pam Key 1 Oct 2023

Representative Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that he will offer a motion to vacate the Speakership of Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) this week.

Anchor Jake Tapper said, “The House gavels back in tomorrow at noon. Are you going to make a motion to vacate?”

Gaetz said, “Speaker McCarthy made an agreement with house conservatives in January, and since then he has been in brazen, repeated material breach of that agreement. This agreement that he made with Democrats, to really blow past a lot of the spending guardrails we had set up is the last straw. And overnight I learned that Kevin McCarthy had a secret deal with Democrats on Ukraine as he was baiting Republicans to vote for a continuing resolution without Ukraine money, saying that we were going to jam it in thew Senate on Ukraine, he turns around and makes a secret deal.”

Tapper asked, “So a motion to vacate tomorrow?”

Gaetz said, “I do intend to file a motion to vacate the Speaker McCarthy this week. I think we need to rip off the band-aid. The one thing everybody has in common is no one trusts McCarthy. He lied to Biden, he lied to House conservatives.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/01/matt-gaetz-i-will-move-to-oust-mccarthy-as-speaker-this-week/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online kevindavis007

Re: Matt Gaetz: I Will Move to Oust McCarthy as Speaker this Week
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2023, 02:55:33 pm »
Whatever...
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:14 pm »
Finally!

:2popcorn:

And I'm just going to say that if that motion is successful, we're ultimately going to end up with a Speaker who is less conservative than is McCarthy.  Worse objectively, but this has become personal for Gaetz so he'll take a worse Speaker just to get his revenge.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 02:58:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 10:21:20 pm »
Rep. Matt Gaetz Reportedly Offering Democrats Subpoena Power to Help Oust McCarthy

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is offering Democrats subpoena power in exchange for their help in ousting House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), Politico reported Friday.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/01/rep-matt-gaetz-reportedly-offering-democrats-subpoena-power-help-oust-mccarthy/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2023, 10:23:46 pm »
Rep. Matt Gaetz Reportedly Offering Democrats Subpoena Power to Help Oust McCarthy

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is offering Democrats subpoena power in exchange for their help in ousting House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA), Politico reported Friday.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/01/rep-matt-gaetz-reportedly-offering-democrats-subpoena-power-help-oust-mccarthy/

NO!
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 10:25:29 pm »
The battle is on!

House GOP members seek to expel Gaetz amid renewed threat to vacate House Speaker McCarthy

House GOP members are preparing a motion to expel Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., amid his renewed threat to pursue a motion to vacate House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

The House Republican members will seek to expel Gaetz if the ethics committee report comes back with findings of guilt, Fox News has learned. One member told Fox News the report is mostly written but does not know what it contains. Yet following threats to vacate McCarthy, the member said of Gaetz, "No one can stand him at this point. A smart guy without morals."

It takes a two-thirds vote to expel. And Republicans are treading on thin ice with their majority. The House is down to 433 members. It’s unclear where things stand with federally indicted Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y. If you were to have members expelled, retire or die, the majority could be right on the edge for the GOP. ................

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-gop-members-seek-expel-gaetz-renewed-threat-vacate-house-speaker-mccarthy
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 10:27:36 pm »
Just cut spending.  Is that really that difficult?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2023, 10:29:48 pm »

It is an inoperable tumor.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2023, 10:33:15 pm »
It is an inoperable tumor.

You need a much larger font, @bigheadfred   And maybe "ping" their asses.

Impossible to cut somebody's limb off and then ask for their vote.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2023, 10:35:06 pm »

more

That is beyond idiotic.

Does he even have a plan here, or is this just throwing bombs?
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 11:12:46 pm »

Look at what the Establishment Loyalists in the Pub party are willing to do to avoid any reduction. They won't honor any agreements made to put their man in the Speakership. They will try and expel a member who tries to force them to honor their agreements. They will bankrupt the country.

It's not all that complicated. The govt gets about 4.5 trillion a year in income and spends 7 trillion. The debt is already 33 trillion. As the blended interest rate rises and the amount that is owed increases within 8 years 50% of the income will be consumed by interest payments alone. So lets expel the one guy leading the charge to change the way the budget is done.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2023, 01:20:46 am »
House GOP members seek to expel Gaetz amid renewed threat to vacate House Speaker McCarthy
Gaetz says he's moving to call for a vote of no confidence in McCarthy this week
 By Danielle Wallace , Jacqui Heinrich , Chad Pergram Fox News
Published October 1, 2023 12:01pm EDT

House GOP members are preparing a motion to expel Rep. Matt Gaetz, R-Fla., amid his renewed threat to pursue a motion to vacate House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

The House Republican members will seek to expel Gaetz if the ethics committee report comes back with findings of guilt, Fox News has learned. One member told Fox News the report is mostly written but does not know what it contains. Yet following threats to vacate McCarthy, the member said of Gaetz, "No one can stand him at this point. A smart guy without morals."

It takes a two-thirds vote to expel. And Republicans are treading on thin ice with their majority. The House is down to 433 members. It’s unclear where things stand with federally indicted Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y. If you were to have members expelled, retire or die, the majority could be right on the edge for the GOP.

During an appearance on CNN Sunday morning, Gaetz said he planned "to file a motion to vacate against Speaker McCarthy this week."

"I think we need to rip off the Band-Aid. I think we need to move on with new leadership that can be trustworthy. Look, the one thing everybody has in common is that nobody trusts Kevin McCarthy. He lied to Biden. He lied to House conservatives," Gaetz told CNN "State of the Union" host Jake Tapper. "Kevin McCarthy's goal was to make multiple contradictory promises to delay everything back up against shutdown politics and at the end of the day, blow past the spending guardrails he had agreed."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-gop-members-seek-expel-gaetz-renewed-threat-vacate-house-speaker-mccarthy
Support the USO

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2023, 01:27:57 am »
Stupid games to play when one has a razor-thin majority. 

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2023, 01:34:37 am »
Stupid games to play when one has a razor-thin majority.

A razor thin majority that may be gone after next year to boot
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2023, 02:14:47 am »
That is beyond idiotic.

Does he even have a plan here, or is this just throwing bombs?

Bomb throwing is the plan.  He hopes to ride the wave of notoriety to the governor's mansion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2023, 02:21:20 am »
Bomb throwing is the plan.  He hopes to ride the wave of notoriety to the governor's mansion.

@cato potatoe

I suspect  you are right.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline bilo

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2023, 02:42:16 am »
A razor thin majority that may be gone after next year to boot

They haven't shown any reason they deserve to keep it.

Offline bilo

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2023, 02:43:09 am »

I would vote for him.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2023, 01:03:31 pm »
‘No One Can Stand Him’: House GOP Looking to Oust Matt Gaetz

House Republican lawmakers have reportedly been looking for ways to oust Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) as he leads an effort to topple House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/01/house-gop-looking-oust-matt-gaetz/
Support the USO

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2023, 01:23:08 pm »

You have to have the votes, and the GOP has a razor-thin margin that includes a couple dozen Republicans who don't want to spend as much as the Democrats, but doesn't want to cut as much as the conservative budget hawks.

They agreed to 8% cuts to everything except defense and the VA, but the hardliners rejected that so we ended up with no cuts at all.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 01:29:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2023, 02:32:03 pm »
You have to have the votes, and the GOP has a razor-thin margin that includes a couple dozen Republicans who don't want to spend as much as the Democrats, but doesn't want to cut as much as the conservative budget hawks.

They agreed to 8% cuts to everything except defense and the VA, but the hardliners rejected that so we ended up with no cuts at all.

@Maj. Bill Martin

That is what happens when everybody grandstands. The hardliners made their point and are as giddy as school girls and slapping each other in the back,and this is just ONE reason nothing positive is going to be done.

NOBODY truly likes it,but one basic truth  remains,and that is "Politics IS the art of compromise".

Which is NOT saying it is impossible to compromise too much. There are many current members of the RNC who have been guilty of this,and this IS why we are where we are now. The DNC SEEMS to be controlled by people who are NOT willing to compromise on anything. Thanks to the "easy ride" they have had the last several years,they see no downside to this,and given all the illegal aliens they have allowed into the country and given the right to vote,they may be right. If they are,America is truly lost.

Wish I had an easy answer that works,but I don't. ONE thing is a certainty,though. Conservatives need to capture the WH THIS "season",or they are likely  to never again have another chance.

Even if conservatives do take over the WH,there is no guarantee they will be able to make the changes that need to be made. There are too many RINO's in office who are going to vote THEIR best interests over the best interests of a Free America ANY time a vote comes up that might weaken THEIR personal positions.

It's a mess.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2023, 02:37:39 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2023, 03:45:53 pm »
Look at what the Establishment Loyalists in the Pub party are willing to do to avoid any reduction

Not true, at least in the House.

The moderates in the House GOP voted for an 8% across the board reductions except in defense and VA.  The hardliners killed it.

Online kevindavis007

Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline bilo

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2023, 05:32:12 pm »
Not true, at least in the House.

The moderates in the House GOP voted for an 8% across the board reductions except in defense and VA.  The hardliners killed it.

Typical excuse making for the Establishment Loyalists.

The Patriots were fighting for a return to passing appropriation bills instead of a CR and then later an omnibus bill.

Watch the 20 year and 30 year bonds. They will continue to rise because investors won't buy something that won't get paid.

Online kevindavis007

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2023, 06:23:31 pm »
Typical excuse making for the Establishment Loyalists.

The Patriots were fighting for a return to passing appropriation bills instead of a CR and then later an omnibus bill.

Watch the 20 year and 30 year bonds. They will continue to rise because investors won't buy something that won't get paid.

Sorry, but the so-called patriots are in the minority.