Author Topic: Matt Gaetz Hurls Serious Allegations at Speaker McCarthy Over How Shutdown-Averting Bill Got Passed.  (Read 379 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Matt Gaetz Hurls Serious Allegations at Speaker McCarthy Over How Shutdown-Averting Bill Got Passed
Matt Vespa

I’m shocked this got done, given the time constraints and the many factions at play here. It’s a DC swamp miracle, I guess. You couldn’t get any closer to the deadline than this, as the House GOP opted to take up four appropriations bills before the continuing resolution to keep the government open. Remember, they got the ball rolling on this spending bill extravaganza on Tuesday. The deadline was September 30, 11:59 p.m.

McCarthy finally proposed a continuing resolution on Friday, but the chances of it passing looked grim. Then, on Saturday, the bill passed with over 330 votes. The lower chamber recessed until Monday, with Democratic senators offering assurances that none of them would vote against the House bill. Yet, Sen. Michael Bennet (D-CO), angered by the lack of Ukraine funding, put a hold on the legislation, delaying the final vote for hours. He finally relented when an agreement on a separate Ukraine aid package was formed.   

So, there is no shutdown, but Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) is hurling some serious allegations that McCarthy struck a deal with Democrats to grease the wheels to pass the government shutdown-averting bill. Yes, I know this might not shock many people. It had to do with the House voting on a separate measure for Ukraine aid, which was announced after the CR passed:

more
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2023/09/30/matt-gaetz-speaker-mccarthy-cut-a-deal-with-dems-on-ukraine-aid-n2629167
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz: I Won’t Deal with Dems — They Will ‘Own’ McCarthy if They Save His Speakership

Representative Matt Gaetz (R-FL) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that after he offers a motion to vacate House Speaker Kevin McCarthy’s (R-CA) post, if the Democrats save him, they will “own” him.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/01/gaetz-i-wont-deal-with-dems-they-will-own-mccarthy-if-they-save-his-speakership/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy to Gaetz: ‘Bring It On,’ I’ll Survive as Speaker

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-CA) said Sunday on CBS’s “Face the Nation” that Rep. Matt Gaetz’s (R-FL) plans to come after his speakership will fail.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/10/01/mccarthy-to-gaetz-bring-it-on-ill-survive-as-speaker/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 AOC ‘absolutely’ plans to vote to oust McCarthy, while Pelosi raises doubts
By Ryan King   
Published Oct. 1, 2023, 11:47 a.m. ET

Progressive darling Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said Sunday she “absolutely” intends to back a motion to topple House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

“Absolutely. I think Kevin McCarthy is a very weak speaker. He clearly has lost control of his caucus,” the New York Democrat told CNN’s “State of the Union.”

Her remarks were a slight departure from those Sunday of former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who implored Democrats to take their cues from Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY).

The congressman has been keeping his cards close to the vest on the issue, at least in public.

“Follow the leader,” Pelosi told CNN.

Privately, Pelosi has warned Jeffries to be cautious about throwing McCarthy a lifeline because of concerns the Republican can’t be trusted, Politico reported.

Jeffries is reportedly keen on Democrats at least sticking together on the matter.

more
https://nypost.com/2023/10/01/aoc-absolutely-plans-to-vote-to-oust-mccarthy-while-pelosi-demurs/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jacqui Heinrich
@JacquiHeinrich
·
3h
House GOP members are seeking to quickly expel Gaetz if the ethics report comes back with findings of guilt.

Following threats to vacate McCarthy, one tells me  “No one can stand him at this point. A smart guy without morals.”
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

???? House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), who implored Democrats to take their cues from Minority Leader Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY).

Will he be the next Speaker of the House once the GOP loses it in '24?  God help us.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.