Author Topic: Disgraced General Mark Milley Ends Career with Awkward Pleading for Applause: 'That Was Weak'  (Read 183 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Disgraced General Mark Milley Ends Career with Awkward Pleading for Applause: 'That Was Weak'

By Jack Gist
  September 30, 2023 at 8:25am
Call it poetic justice — sooner or later you have to answer for your actions. What happens in this life may be a clue for what’s coming next.

When General Mark Milley, who served as the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under Trump and Biden, retired on Friday, he went out “not with a bang but a whimper,” a testament to the poetic genius of T.S. Eliot.

Mark Milley is one of Eliot’s hollow men who have spent their professional lives in Washington, D.C., ruining America. He is one of the men who “whisper together/Are quiet and meaningless/As wind in dry grass/Or rats’ feet over broken glass”.

https://www.westernjournal.com/disgraced-general-mark-milley-ends-career-awkward-pleading-applause-weak/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson