Author Topic: GOP blames looming shutdown on 21 Republican holdouts  (Read 1146 times)

Offline roamer_1

Re: GOP blames looming shutdown on 21 Republican holdouts
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2023, 11:23:35 pm »
Has anyone look at interest expenditures recently? They're hockey sticking. As is our debt level.

We are to the point of issuing new debt to make interest payments, and it's accelerating so rapidly that interest payments will quickly overtake our federal receipts.

The world is not going to let us run on just debt for our budgets.

So who gives a crap about a little shutdown v. just letting the train roll on? Use the leverage to get concessions.

It IS just that desperate.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2023, 11:31:49 pm »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2023, 01:02:56 am »
Then that is the fault of those voters[. The choice is before them, and that is the purpose of pressing the issue.

So the entire purpose of this is to blame a certain group of voters?  What possible benefit is there to that, especially when they'll dismiss being "blamed" anyway because they believe they're right, and you're wrong?

I thought the purpose of this was to try to get the most conservative bill possible under the circumstances.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2023, 01:07:33 am »
So the entire purpose of this is to blame a certain group of voters?  What possible benefit is there to that, especially when they'll dismiss being "blamed" anyway because they believe they're right, and you're wrong?

I thought the purpose of this was to try to get the most conservative bill possible under the circumstances.

No, it is to expose the RINOs... what the voters then do is beyond the act.