Author Topic: Navy to Drug Test SEALs for Performance Enhancing Drugs  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy to Drug Test SEALs for Performance Enhancing Drugs
« on: September 30, 2023, 02:21:50 pm »
Navy to Drug Test SEALs for Performance Enhancing Drugs
By: Gidget Fuentes
September 29, 2023 12:28 PM

Naval Special Warfare Command will begin forcewide, random urinalysis testing for performance-enhancing drugs (PEDs) starting Nov. 1, officials announced today.

The Navy is implementing the new policy under the expanded authority recently granted by the service and the Department of Defense for the command to conduct unit urinalysis sweeps of trainees and random urinalysis testing of the Navy commando force and other command personnel for PED use.

“The unauthorized and unsupervised use of PEDs is what we are trying to identify and prevent,” Rear Adm. Keith Davids, head of Naval Special Warfare Command, wrote in a forcewide message issued Sept. 29.

“Nevertheless, we realize that some of our teammates may have legitimate medical conditions that need to be treated with prescription supplementation. If that is the case, we encourage our teammates, who haven’t already, to speak with their medical providers to get diagnosed and properly treated.”

https://news.usni.org/2023/09/29/navy-to-drug-test-seals-for-performance-enhancing-drugs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson