Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 11844 times)

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2023, 01:16:19 pm »
I’m not either

When conservativism is explained clearly and precisely, many aspects become appealing to even those on the center left

That’s one of the reasons he won re-election by nearly 20 points and doing such with people who don’t normally vote GOP

It’s a blueprint, or should be, for Republicans going forward

Yes! Liberals need conservatism too.  happy77
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Online LMAO

« Reply #51 on: October 01, 2023, 01:20:10 pm »
Try & remember that around this time next year, when you are hectoring conservatives who are looking into third party options

Romney beat Obama amongst independents by about five points. Lost the election

John Kerry beat George Bush amongst independent voters buy one or two points. Lost the election.

The idea that if you don’t fully secure your base you can make it up with independents is just inaccurate

And it matters more for Republicans to not only fully secure their voting base, but attract enough independents and especially suburban voters to offset the massive advantage that Democrats have in the urban areas
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 01:21:51 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2023, 02:48:09 pm »
Not to mention that most conservatives are senior citizens and we lose hundreds of thousands of them a year.  Those patriots are NOT BEING REPLACED.  Therefore our numbers decrease every year.  On the other hand our educational system is pumping out millions of brain dead liberal kids who blindly vote.  There is no way to counter their numbers.

I will say that kids do still seem to get conservative as they get older.  Of course, they're starting out more leftist because of schools....

My son's girlfriend was on the left when they met.  Two years later, and she's a lot more middle of the road.  It does still happen.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2023, 02:56:14 pm »
Not to mention that most conservatives are senior citizens and we lose hundreds of thousands of them a year.  Those patriots are NOT BEING REPLACED.  Therefore our numbers decrease every year.  On the other hand our educational system is pumping out millions of brain dead liberal kids who blindly vote.  There is no way to counter their numbers.

I agree to an extent, but for conservatives to raise up their hands right now and do nothing because of the enormous feat of placing conservatives on our school boards and into the classrooms to change the liberal ideology to conservatism is defeating. The wokeness must stop.  That is why I am behind DeSantis -- he went up against Disney -- he wants to put a stop to the wokeness and indoctrination of our children and return control of our children back to the parents. I can't stress enough how much that is needed in every state and as a nation we must return to the very principles upon which this nation was founded.

This should have been addressed and acted upon by conservatives long ago. Don't get me wrong, I agree that it maybe too late, but trying is better than throwing our hands up and doing nothing.

You are correct, we are losing conservatives as many are becoming elderly and many just don't have the health to fight anymore.

Keep in mind though that the DEM leadership is aging as well; the late Feinstein is an example. Another reason to dismiss Trump as a possible nominee; age and a limit of one term.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online LMAO

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2023, 02:57:02 pm »
I will say that kids do still seem to get conservative as they get older.  Of course, they're starting out more leftist because of schools....

My son's girlfriend was on the left when they met.  Two years later, and she's a lot more middle of the road.  It does still happen.

My sister is the same way. She is an attorney in Florida and it took years for reality to flush a lot of that indoctrination from college

She’s not a republican or a conservative and has voted for Democrats. But she also has voted for Republicans and she also voted for Ron DeSantis and said she will vote for him if he gets the nomination. And she also agrees that Florida is not the failed state under conservative leadership’s leadersship as Donald Trump claims

Ronald Reagan instinctively knew that conservatism does sell. Even then, the country was not as conservative as Ronald Reagan was.

But the record spoke for itself. Plus, Reagan was considered likable, which helps.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 02:58:39 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Lando Lincoln

« Reply #55 on: October 01, 2023, 03:35:27 pm »
Maybe it's 50...500...5000...50,000...500,000...5,000,000?  I'd wager it's a rather large number, probably in the 500,000 range or more.

Impossible to prove one way or the other but I believe Joe Biden received the most anybody-but-the-other-guy votes in Presidential election history.  Even more than DJT did against Hillary.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #56 on: October 01, 2023, 04:02:44 pm »
Impossible to prove one way or the other but I believe Joe Biden received the most anybody-but-the-other-guy votes in Presidential election history.  Even more than DJT did against Hillary.

Made possible by a coordinated shut down of vote counting across five hand-picked states.

« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2023, 04:08:28 pm »
BTW,WTH is up with the toes of his cowboy boots pointing up  in the air?

The dude's 5'7" and  now wears lifts in his heeled boots @sneakypete 

« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 04:13:11 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2023, 04:13:42 pm »

Exactly.  It's not that so many people loved Biden.  It's that so many people hated Trump.

I live in a tiny civilized enclave in Cleveland, and the moment we go any further into the city, it is a left-wing lovefest everywhere.  BLM and rainbow flags/signs everywhere.  And the Dems have a great get out the vote effort.  They go house to house.  Is there some cheating?  I'm sure, although the most recent prosecution around here for that was of a Republican lawyer casting a fraudulent ballot for a family member.  But there is also a ton of legit anti-Republican, anti-Trump sentiment out there, and there are a whole lot of people who live in those kind of cities.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2023, 04:15:56 pm »
The dude's 5'7" and  now wears lifts in his heeled boots @sneakypete 

The fact that you think that should matter illustrates perfectly your obsession with style over substance.

Online LMAO

« Reply #60 on: October 01, 2023, 04:21:23 pm »
The fact that you think that should matter illustrates perfectly your obsession with style over substance.

Haven’t you heard?

They are in a real honest to gosh  battle to save America … lol

Barry Goldwater

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #61 on: October 01, 2023, 05:19:50 pm »
Trash talk coming from cult members who support a loser is funny.

Where's that wall, trump-t*rds?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #62 on: October 01, 2023, 05:35:57 pm »
Are you really this ignorant?  I'm from Texas, we wear boots.  They don't make lifts for INSIDE of a boot...geez.  That's just a normal boot other than it's a bit more pointy at the toe than I'd certainly wear.  At least he's not wearing orange makeup.  happy77

Perhaps ignorance isn't the real problem but 'pettiness'. We're facing a crisis in this country and Trump supporters are fixated on birdcages and boots of his opponents. How absurd and ridiculous and quite frankly, I find it troubling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #63 on: October 01, 2023, 05:37:27 pm »
Are you really this ignorant?  I'm from Texas, we wear boots.  They don't make lifts for INSIDE of a boot...geez.  That's just a normal boot other than it's a bit more pointy at the toe than I'd certainly wear.  At least he's not wearing orange makeup.  happy77

:mauslaff:

Online LMAO

« Reply #64 on: October 01, 2023, 05:39:05 pm »
Perhaps ignorance isn't the real problem but 'pettiness'. We're facing a crisis in this country and Trump supporters are fixated on birdcages and boots of his opponents. How absurd and ridiculous and quite frankly, I find it troubling.

Why not just wear a dress shoes when in public? I suppose it gives MAGAs some thing to attempt to focus us away from the fact that their guy helped plant the seed for the inflation we’re facing today.  But if I was interviewing a prospective employee, if they showed up wearing cowboy boots, it would definitely catch my attention.

Do Floridians were cowboy boots?
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 05:41:38 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #65 on: October 01, 2023, 05:53:48 pm »
We need folks to stay in the campaign if only to show people that the GOP isn't just Trump and Trumpers.  And so they can't all be so easily tied to Trump himself in 2028.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #66 on: October 01, 2023, 05:58:51 pm »

Great point.  It's like they consider the future of the country to be just a game.

Offline berdie

« Reply #67 on: October 01, 2023, 06:02:48 pm »
Great point.  It's like they consider the future of the country to be just a game.

Exactly. With all that tis country is facing...I find these shenanigans terribly demoralizing.

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #68 on: October 01, 2023, 06:13:14 pm »
Made possible by a coordinated shut down of vote counting across five hand-picked states.
But this time will be different, I'm sure.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

« Reply #69 on: October 01, 2023, 06:16:05 pm »

I never said it does or should matter.  A question was asked and the question was answered.

My apologies for any upset this may have caused.  ☮️

Online LMAO

« Reply #70 on: October 01, 2023, 06:24:57 pm »
We need folks to stay in the campaign if only to show people that the GOP isn't just Trump and Trumpers.  And so they can't all be so easily tied to Trump himself in 2028.

The GOP faced a similar issue post Nixon/Watergate.

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

« Reply #71 on: October 01, 2023, 09:00:17 pm »

On the other hand, Trump looks good in orange.  happy77

Right... Though mine are pointy just like that. With a full-ride heel. Always have been... For stirrups, you see... And kicking hippies' asses.  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #72 on: October 01, 2023, 09:03:30 pm »
Are you really this ignorant? 

Either ignorant, or deliberately dishonest.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2023, 09:07:19 pm »
Why not just wear a dress shoes when in public? I suppose it gives MAGAs some thing to attempt to focus us away from the fact that their guy helped plant the seed for the inflation we’re facing today.  But if I was interviewing a prospective employee, if they showed up wearing cowboy boots, it would definitely catch my attention.

Do Floridians were cowboy boots?

In the West, they ARE dress boots. You always buy a new pair for duding up, and Sunday-go-to-meeting, because till they break in, you can't stand to be in em more than an hour or two... Somewhere along the line, your real sh*tkickers blow up, and your cowboy boots get to graduate into everyday sh*tkickers, and you go out and buy new ones to look nice and break in easy.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2023, 09:11:50 pm »
I never said it does or should matter.  A question was asked and the question was answered.

My apologies for any upset this may have caused.  ☮️

Except that it's bullshit. Again. Sommore.  *****rollingeyes*****