Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 11920 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #300 on: October 06, 2023, 04:23:49 am »
Peter Doocy asked "Cringe" Pierre at the White House press briefing if she thought President Biden would lend his 67 Corvette to some good friend who was going to park it on the street overnight in Southeast, D.C..
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

Jean Cringe Pierre.

Perfect.
The Republic is lost.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #301 on: October 09, 2023, 10:14:07 pm »
Dave Rubin
@RubinReport
This is what a president should sound like.
Biden hasn’t even demanded we get our American citizens back.
It’s all becoming clearer…
Ron DeSantis
@RonDeSantis
One of our greatest allies, Israel, has been attacked by terrorists funded by Iran – with over 800 Israelis murdered and 2,000 injured. The scenes of brutality are hard to watch. Innocent men, women, children, and the elderly.

And we learned this morning that among these victims are at least nine American citizens killed and others likely missing or taken hostage.

Hamas committed these acts for two simple reasons: they hate the Jewish people, and they are evil cowards. They were empowered by Joe Biden’s appeasement of Iran and a desire to ruin further normalization of ties within the Arab world with Israel.

We must not only stand with Israel, but we must support them as they hunt down and eradicate these barbarians.

Israel, with the full support of the United States, should kill Hamas members and extinguish their entire infrastructure.

And right now, America must immediately do three things: (i) freeze any money Joe Biden has made available to Iran; (ii) cut off any and all types of foreign aid flowing to Hamas; and (iii) immediately shut down America’s wide-open southern border to ensure we are in a position to better protect Americans here at home from these real threats.

These are incredibly dangerous times – but I have confidence that both the Israeli and American spirit can and will prevail over evil.
12:53 PM · Oct 9, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #302 on: October 09, 2023, 10:45:23 pm »
Dave Rubin
@RubinReport

@mountaineer

Even "Dey Do Ron Ron" can be right occasionally.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #303 on: October 09, 2023, 11:43:04 pm »
@mountaineer

Even "Dey Do Ron Ron" can be right occasionally.
Give him credit for not turning his statement into a campaign speech like Orange Julius.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #304 on: October 09, 2023, 11:51:07 pm »
Give him credit for not turning his statement into a campaign speech like Orange Julius.

@GtHawk

Desperation is never pretty,but to be expected  from fans and supporters of a loser.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #305 on: October 10, 2023, 12:30:44 am »
@GtHawk

Desperation is never pretty,but to be expected  from fans and supporters of a loser.
Eventually someone will act on it.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline libertybele

« Reply #306 on: October 10, 2023, 12:39:13 am »
Dave Rubin
@RubinReport

Great statement by DeSantis.   Still praying that we even see an election in '24.  He's right, but I think we all know that Joe isn't going to lift a finger to do what is right for America.  He got us to this point and he sure as heck isn't going to turn things around anytime soon.

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #307 on: October 10, 2023, 12:40:57 am »
@GtHawk

Yup Trump was acting like a desperate loser when his statement read like a campaign speech, and you certainly qualify as a fan and supporter,on that we agree 100%

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #308 on: October 10, 2023, 01:58:23 am »
Yup Trump was acting like a desperate loser when his statement read like a campaign speech, and you certainly qualify as a fan and supporter,on that we agree 100%

@GtHawk

ROFLMAO! DeSanctimonious MIGHT pull in more votes than Chris Christie,but it's going to be a close thing.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #309 on: October 10, 2023, 02:40:53 am »
@GtHawk

ROFLMAO! DeSanctimonious MIGHT pull in more votes than Chris Christie,but it's going to be a close thing.

So might makes right?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #310 on: October 10, 2023, 10:26:50 am »
So might makes right?

That somebody like Donald Trump, after his record and costing Republicans elections after elections, is still ahead in the primary race,  shows how far the GOP has fallen

But this is the same party that also nominates the likes of McCain and Romney

I believe that Donald Trump would fire people in these bureaucracies , such as the FBI and DOJ. But what he would not do is  change their culture or reduce their power. He would simply replace them with his own unquestioning loyalists and would use the power of those agencies to enact revenge on his enemies.

His supporters may think that’s a good thing. But the problem is Donald Trump will not be there forever to protect them from the next Democrat that occupies the White House.

MAGAs are not interested in reducing the size of and power of the federal government. They just simply want to control it themselves. Look at some of phrases they use here. They boast about how they’re in a “real battle to save the nation” and that anybody who doesn’t agree with their version of “saving America” needs to step aside. But I suspect that when they talk about saving the country, they really mean saving Donald Trump himself
« Last Edit: October 10, 2023, 10:38:15 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #311 on: October 10, 2023, 05:37:44 pm »
MAGAs are not interested in reducing the size of and power of the federal government. They just simply want to control it themselves. Look at some of phrases they use here. They boast about how they’re in a “real battle to save the nation” and that anybody who doesn’t agree with their version of “saving America” needs to step aside. But I suspect that when they talk about saving the country, they really mean saving Donald Trump himself

I don't think it's anything so sophisticated... I think it's no more than getting to shake their asses at the Democrats... mixed with a double dose of rah-rah... with their shining faces turned toward their messiah.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #312 on: October 10, 2023, 05:43:20 pm »
That somebody like Donald Trump, after his record and costing Republicans elections after elections, is still ahead in the primary race,  shows how far the GOP has fallen

I believe that Donald Trump would fire people in these bureaucracies , such as the FBI and DOJ. But what he would not do is  change their culture or reduce their power. He would simply replace them with his own unquestioning loyalists and would use the power of those agencies to enact revenge on his enemies.

His supporters may think that’s a good thing. But the problem is Donald Trump will not be there forever to protect them from the next Democrat that occupies the White House.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #313 on: October 10, 2023, 06:17:22 pm »

MAGAs are not interested in reducing the size of and power of the federal government. They just simply want to control it themselves.

That's exactly how I see it as well.  And not just from Trump, but from a great many of those who support him.

For those of us who value liberty, that's a "heads I win, tails you lose" scenario.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #314 on: October 10, 2023, 07:33:51 pm »

That's the rub.  In 2016, Donald Trump out right and bald facedly lied to the American public during the campaign around budget reduction and control..  He's not even pretending to have any fiscal restraint this time.

He's not getting away with it this time.  5-10M conservatives are not going to be duped this time around.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #315 on: October 10, 2023, 07:37:47 pm »
He's not even pretending to have any fiscal restraint this time.

And he's openly mocking and attacking from the left any Republicans who do.  I can't imagine ever supporting that.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #316 on: October 10, 2023, 08:14:00 pm »
FWIW:

Erick Erickson
@EWErickson
Donald Trump has spent more time attacking Ron DeSantis in the past few days than either Biden or Iran.  He’s spent more time talking about DeSantis than Israel. Meanwhile, DeSantis is taking state action against Iran as Governor of Florida.
11:04 AM · Oct 10, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org