Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 12096 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2023, 01:01:44 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

What was the percentage of the total deaths of support troops attributed to enemy action,compared to  those  of the truck convoy and the infantry people?

Troops that are deployed or even on training missions in the US get killed in vehicle and firearms accidents.  Some even die in their sleep from heart attacks.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to compare those deaths to deaths from firefights?

You continue to argue points  that nobody ever made. And every argument you make continues your self inflicted hole digging. What people are reacting to you is your extremely lopsided argument. You defend Donald Trump’s decision not to be part of the military, but you’re mocking Ron DeSantis’s service for not being sufficiently dangerous enough for you. I didn’t see one post that said what Ron DeSantis did is exactly the same as those  who were in the front lines in the rice paddies in Vietnam. But he did serve in an area that was potentially dangerous.

Despite what I’m sure is your incoming protest to the contrary, I am confident in my assertion that had Ron DeSantis not joined the military, but Donald Trump did, you would be beating Ron DeSantis over the head with that fact

Such is the state of modern politics. I don’t care if Donald Trump didn’t serve and Ron DeSantis did. That never enters into the equation when I make my decision. There are a lot of candidates that served in the military I would never vote for just as there are candidates who have not served that I have voted for
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:32:03 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #276 on: October 04, 2023, 01:28:22 pm »
People who get elected to office wield power, and are in the position to pass laws that impact us. I am inclined to be suspicious of all of them, even the ones that I support and vote for

There are two ways you can be overly invested in  a politician. One is everything they do it right, and cannot be questioned. The second is someone hates that person so much that everything they do is wrong and evil. I have a couple of very left wing in laws that are on the extreme of the other end when it comes to Trump. They insist that he called the neo Nazis in Charlottesville “very fine people” which, if you read the transcript, he clearly did not. But they’re too invested in their narrative to give that lie up.

All the same arguments that are made by Trump supporters when comes to the 2020 election or the legal issues that he’s facing the left makes and have made. I’ve seen and heard them first hand. Hillary Clinton was robbed in 2016, and voter fraud gave the election to Donald Trump along with Russian interference and any investigation into Joe Biden’s corruption and legal issues are all politically motivated. No amount of facts or reasoning will change that mindset. But you should always have your mind open enough to be willing to change it as new facts are presented.

In summary, same shit, different politician.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #277 on: October 04, 2023, 01:37:46 pm »
You continue to argue points  that nobody ever made.

Exactly.  And his points broadened to the point where it wasn't even about DeSantis anymore, but about so many others who served over there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2023, 10:43:11 pm »
I don't have any desire to discuss this with you further.  Frankly, your smug patting your own back for your service being better/more courageous than that of others who gave their lives makes me sick.

Ignore list.
@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,so you weren't combat arms.

Big freaking deal.

That is no reason for you to get your ass up  on your shoulders about this.

AND.....since WHEN is just stating your job description in the military "patting yourself on the back".

Number 1 is this was a lifetime ago.

Number 2 is nobody REALLY gives a squat about what any of us did,unless they were doing the same thing at one point or another.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2023, 11:36:39 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Ok,so you weren't combat arms.

Just responding to clear this up.

Yes, I was.  Combat action ribbon, purple heart from a minor shrapnel round from some Iraqi artillery.  Not going in to medals.

This wasn't about DeSantis, and it certainly wasn't about me.  It's about the funerals I've been to of young Marines who were neither combat arms nor truck drivers, killed in the sandbox by IED, in ambushes, and by rocket/mortal artillery fire.  You know -- the kind of servicemembers that were just taking it easy, like they were just sitting at home, that you crapped on.  I lack the words to express the contempt I feel for someone who weighs, measures, and diminishes the deaths of those killed serving their country somehow not being as good or as honorable.  Just "murders", not combat deaths.  Right?

Remind me to never, ever offer to buy you a beer.

Please stop pinging me, also.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2023, 11:53:45 pm »
Just responding to clear this up.

Yes, I was.  Combat action ribbon, purple heart from a minor shrapnel round from some Iraqi artillery.  Not going in to medals.

This wasn't about DeSantis, and it certainly wasn't about me.  It's about the funerals I've been to of young Marines who were neither combat arms nor truck drivers, killed in the sandbox by IED, in ambushes, and by rocket/mortal artillery fire.  You know -- the kind of servicemembers that were just taking it easy, like they were just sitting at home, that you crapped on. I lack the words to express the contempt I feel for someone who weighs, measures, and diminishes the deaths of those killed serving their country somehow not being as good or as honorable.  Just "murders", not combat deaths.  Right?

Remind me to never, ever offer to buy you a beer.

Please stop pinging me, also.

@Maj. Bill Martin

I did NOT demean them. Only the ones in support units later claimed to be the re-incarnation of Rambo,like the former Army cook I talked with 2 days ago that claimed to have been a sniper in Laos and Cambodia with over 200 "confirmed kills".

I guess you would be defending him as a "hero" too,if he had gotten ran into by a jeep outside the mess hall?

THESE people demean the courage and lost lives of actual combat KIA's,as well as WIA's.

If you can't  deal with that,tough titty.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2023, 11:58:44 pm »

I did NOT demean them. Only the ones in support units later claimed to be the re-incarnation of Rambo,like the former Army cook I talked with 2 days ago that claimed to have been a sniper in Laos and Cambodia with over 200 "confirmed kills".

I guess you would be defending him as a "hero" too,if he had gotten ran into by a jeep outside the mess hall?

THESE people demean the courage and lost lives of actual combat KIA's,as well as WIA's.

He said stop pinging. Yet you keep pinging.

Respect people's wishes on that, please.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #282 on: October 05, 2023, 12:17:15 am »
He said stop pinging. Yet you keep pinging.

Respect people's wishes on that, please.

@jmyrlefuller

I reserve the RIGHT  to  reply  to  ANY post directed towards me.  ESPECIALLY the ones making false accussations against my character.

Or am  I the only one that does not have the RIGHT here to express their opinion?

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #283 on: October 05, 2023, 02:22:35 am »
@Kamaji

Not fair.  Trump was in just as much danger in NYC as Dey Do Ron,Ron was"lawyering" in base camp.

Maybe even more,depending on the base camp location.

The base camp was in Fallujah during the initial surge. He was sent in support of Seal Team 1, so there was nothing safe or easy about the location of the camp. They were continuous targets.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #284 on: October 05, 2023, 02:27:11 am »
The base camp was in Fallujah during the initial surge. He was sent in support of Seal Team 1, so there was nothing safe or easy about the location of the camp. They were continuous targets.

It doesn’t matter.  Total nonsense trying to say Trump is in “more danger” in NYC than Ron in Moslem lands.

I guess that means all NYers are heroes while MIL lawyers are chumps.

This is absurd.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline corbe

« Reply #285 on: October 05, 2023, 02:33:57 am »
   Trump has ruined so many good Briefers here explaining his BS.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #286 on: October 05, 2023, 02:49:16 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Here you are still arguing  points nobody made. :shrug:

No wonder Major put you on ignore
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #287 on: October 05, 2023, 03:08:44 am »
   Trump has ruined so many good Briefers here explaining his BS.

That is the sad, sad truth.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline LMAO

« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2023, 03:18:42 am »
This goes back to when Trump had his petty dispute with McCain and took a shot at not only McCain's military service, but at anyone captured in war

I didn't vote for McCain but I didn't disparage his military service and Trump is the last person on Earth who is in a position to express contempt over anyone's service

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2023, 03:42:15 am »

Here you are still arguing  points nobody made. :shrug:

No wonder Major put you on ignore

@LMAO

They are the same points I was making all along,but you people who are DeSanctimonious groupies refused to address them.

There seems to be absolutely nothing his groupies won't say or do to help promote the career of that POS.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 03:43:27 am by sneakypete »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2023, 05:04:08 am »
@LMAO

They are the same points I was making all along,but you people who are DeSanctimonious groupies refused to address them.

There seems to be absolutely nothing his groupies won't say or do to help promote the career of that POS.

Your master Trump has taught you very well

Not only disparage your political opponent’s  military service, but everybody else’s

Barry Goldwater

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2023, 09:00:00 pm »

Peter Doocy asked "Cringe" Pierre at the White House press briefing if she thought President Biden would lend his 67 Corvette to some good friend who was going to park it on the street overnight in Southeast, D.C..
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:36:41 pm by Cyber Liberty »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2023, 09:06:23 pm »
A long thread.....with Trumpsters slinging mud.... :yawn2:

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2023, 09:40:23 pm »
Peter Doocy asked "Cringe" Pierre at the White House press briefing if she thought President Biden would lend his 67 Corvette to some good friend who was going to park it on the street overnight in Southeast, D.C..
 :silly: :silly: :silly:

@DCPatriot

This it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MazdX6Ifhjc

She’s touting the “action” this president took on crime without GOP help yet crime continues unabated

I don’t think she realizes that she didn’t make the president’s case on crime
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 09:48:47 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2023, 09:48:08 pm »
@DCPatriot

This it?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MazdX6Ifhjc

I wonder what medication she takes to prevent her nose from growing longer and longer?

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline berdie

« Reply #296 on: October 05, 2023, 10:04:15 pm »
I wonder what medication she takes to prevent her nose from growing longer and longer?

:rolling: I wonder the same thing @libertybele . Whenever I listen to this woman spout the Lie Du Jour I really wonder how she does it. Maybe she really is kept in the dark so she can say what she does with a straight face. :shrug: She's a close second to Baghdad Bob.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #297 on: October 05, 2023, 10:06:58 pm »

:rolling: I wonder the same thing @libertybele . Whenever I listen to this woman spout the Lie Du Jour I really wonder how she does it. Maybe she really is kept in the dark so she can say what she does with a straight face. :shrug: She's a close second to Baghdad Bob.

She’s very poor at her job but in her defense, her job is to go out and face the press and simply repeat and defend the administration’s positions. Can you imagine having to that with this administration? I doubt Jesus himself could do that successfully with this administration
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:07:56 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Hoodat

« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2023, 11:48:29 pm »

MIA
@_Mama_Mia10
Has anything that Trump said about DeSantis turned out to be true? Let’s see…

He said that DeSantis is endorsed by Soros. He’s not. In fact, he is the only governor to fire not one, but two Soros-funded prosecutors. However, it was Trump who took a $160 million loan from Soros.

He said that DeSantis is working with Karl Rove. He’s not. In fact, Rove has gone on record saying that he’s not working with DeSantis. However, it was Trump who hired Rove to work on his campaign at one point.

He said that DeSantis is losing the fight against Disney. He’s not, Disney dropped all but one of their lawsuits and backed down on their cultural battle with the public school system. However, it was Trump who rooted for Disney and predicted that they’d beat DeSantis.

He said that DeSantis mandated vaccines and masks in Florida. This couldn’t be further from the truth. His administration actually outlawed mandates and it was Trump’s administration that ushered in masking, lockdowns, and funded Operation Warp Speed.

His son said that DeSantis banned plastic straws in Florida. He didn’t. As it turns out, Don Jr. was literally grasping at straws.

He said that DeSantis is broke. He’s not. In fact, a report came out today disclosing that this is unequivocally false and he surpassed fundraising expectations by $5 million. However, Trump has thus far, spent more money attacking DeSantis than he ever did supporting the candidates that he endorsed in the midterms.

So, why would a campaign that’s up by 50 points be resorting to such vicious and deliberate smear tactics and gaslighting? Why would they be spending their money attacking someone who has no money and no support? It makes no sense—unless of course, they’re lying again.

There was a time when Trump acknowledged that the polls are not meant to reflect public opinion, but to shape it. This hasn’t changed, but Trump has because he’s desperate and the truth is that money is actually tangible, poll numbers aren’t. So, which one would you say is a better indicator of support? I’d say money.

You might think that what’s happening to Trump is unfair, but that doesn’t excuse the disgraceful smear campaign he’s launched against DeSantis, which goes above and beyond the typical mudslinging of pudding ads, nicknames, and accusations about Medicare policy.

There’s nothing typical about any of this for a campaign that’s up by 50 points.

Game, set, match.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #299 on: October 05, 2023, 11:52:33 pm »
She’s very poor at her job but in her defense, her job is to go out and face the press and simply repeat and defend the administration’s positions. 

@LMAO

Exactly!

She is just a spokescritter. She doesn't write the stuff she  spouts,she  just repeats it. Makes no difference to her what she says as long as she keeps the job.

Granted,she  does not seem to be very bright,but she is clearly smart enough for that job.