Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 12095 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #250 on: October 03, 2023, 10:11:56 pm »
A quick lookup shows that DeSantis was discharged in early 2010. He didn't run for office until the 2012 cycle. If his service was all some ploy to give himself resume points, why didn't he run in 2010?

@jmyrlefuller

I am GUESSING because there wasn't an election for any office he wanted in 2010,or that he was discharged too late to run.

Don't really know,and don't really care because it is something that didn't happen.

And why would he put his life and liberty at that kind of risk for that, knowing (as we did at the time) that the armed forces were using stop-loss tactics to avoid having to reactivate the draft?

GIMME a freaking  break! His life was more at risk back when he was drinking in Florida bars.

Reading the guy's history... it's all over the place. From a Catholic school student to a Yale baseball player on track to a history teaching career, to Harvard Law, to the armed forces, to politician. This does not read to me like a guy grooming himself to be President. It reads like a late Gen Xer trying to find himself.

Think  whatever you want,but MOST people that go to law school have already "found" themselves or they wouldn't be able to stay in law school.

Unless,of course,their daddy is stinking rich with influence,and can get them into the law school he graduated from so they can get a degree and work for daddy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #251 on: October 03, 2023, 10:12:40 pm »

OH NO YOU DIDN"T! This is what happens when people say shit but don't have the courage to admit it or state that they misspoke. This is why I never have and never will get so invested in any person period....well okay maybe my wife and kids but never any damn celebrity or politician. I especially will never be so far up someone's butt that I claim to not even like that I come off as a clown act.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #252 on: October 03, 2023, 10:18:53 pm »
I'm just going to say that everyone I know who served in Iraq or Afghanistan, regardless of MOS, has a picture of themselves in their war gear because that's what they were issued, and that's what they wore from time to time.

BullBush!

Web gear with harnesses,ammo,magazines water pouches,rucksacks,etc,etc,etc were ONLY issued to people who went on patrols or manned the truck convoys that were getting ambushed on a regular basis.

Unless you were in the Green Zone in Baghdad, every convoy was a potential IED/ambush so everyone of every branch, regardless of MOS, went armed and used full convoy security.  Lots of ambushes, often triggered by IED, and subsequent firefights anyway.

That  much IS true,but the only people that left the compounds were the truck  drivers and the grunts going on patrols or rescue missions.

Now if you're a...lawyer let's say, and you're not only wearing a camouflage uniform and carrying a weapon, but also war paint and a ghillie suit, then you're pretending you're something that you're not and deserve to be mocked.

But that's not what DeSantis did.

You are right. He was NOT a sniper,and they were the only people that wore Ghillie Suits.

As for the camo uniforms,I could very well be wrong about this,but I don't think anybody wore them. The snipers had the Ghillie Suits and didn't need any more  camo,and I don't remember seeing any photos of film of routine patrols going out on patrol wearing cammies.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #253 on: October 03, 2023, 10:19:36 pm »
YOU tell ME how much danger they were in.

Danger is not the metric. Service is. Though that service, in theater at a forward base, is more dangerous than service at home, without a doubt.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #254 on: October 03, 2023, 10:22:26 pm »
My FIL was a  bomber pilot in WII but he never left the USA, he was chosen to be a trainer of bomber pilots(I assume he must have been very good), I wonder did that make him just as bad as a draft dodger because he never flew combat missions overseas?

Of course not. He should have gotten seventeen  Medals of Honor for flying aircraft around the US.

My last boss at the Steak House served three tours in Vietnam but he was a cook, did that make him as bad as a draft dodger?

No,and it damn sure didn't make him a warrior,either.

Or are you now trying to claim that being a cook in a rear echelon unit was the equivalent of being on a 6 man recon team behind enemy lines?

Or even  a gunner on a supply truck?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2023, 10:24:43 pm »

:mauslaff:

@Kamaji

Not fair.  Trump was in just as much danger in NYC as Dey Do Ron,Ron was"lawyering" in base camp.

Maybe even more,depending on the base camp location.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2023, 10:24:53 pm »
I"m outta here, before I say something I can't take back.  888mouth

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2023, 10:26:46 pm »
I just tell people, "Thank you for your service." I don't ask them what their MOS is/was. :shrug:

@Polly Ticks

I don't either unless they start telling wild war stories.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #258 on: October 03, 2023, 10:30:14 pm »
What’s amazing is the pretzel logic some Trump followers use to deify every single thing Trump has ever done.

@deb

NOTHING  is more amazing that the fact that  Dey Do Ron Ron shills are so desperate to live up his ass they are trying to equate a freaking military lawyer with a Grunt.

Next thing we know,guys on the latrine detail will be ranking right up there with  fighter pilots that went on bomb runs.

There is NO  lie or exaggeration and pretended offense too big for you Dey Do Ron  Ron groupies to not use.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 10:31:17 pm by sneakypete »

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #259 on: October 03, 2023, 10:30:32 pm »
@sneakypete

You're like an old man looking for a set of rabbit ears on a cable TV, and bitching because you can't get the picture right.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #260 on: October 03, 2023, 10:34:20 pm »
    Yes, just like that.  Ironic that Trump has stated he has nothing to repent for.  I'm sure each of his three wives would beg to differ because adultery is still considered a sin, last time I looked.

@corbe

AFAIK,it's  only a sin if you are a Christian.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #261 on: October 03, 2023, 10:45:16 pm »
What’s amazing is the pretzel logic some Trump followers use to deify every single thing Trump has ever done.

Really @deb ?  The author of this meme is deifying Donald Trump?  IMO, the actual pretzel logic is missing the faith in God's promise of comfort and support ~~~

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:13  "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Joshua 1:9  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2023, 12:31:08 am »
That  much IS true, but the only people that left the compounds were the truck  drivers and the grunts going on patrols or rescue missions.

I've been to some funerals that say otherwise.

GFY.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2023, 01:02:00 am »
Really @deb ?  The author of this meme is deifying Donald Trump?  IMO, the actual pretzel logic is missing the faith in God's promise of comfort and support ~~~

Maybe you should ask Trump since he is the one who posted it.

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/posts/111167410478371837
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2023, 01:31:06 am »
I've been to some funerals that say otherwise.

GFY.

@Maj. Bill Martin

What was the percentage of the total deaths of support troops attributed to enemy action,compared to  those  of the truck convoy and the infantry people?

Troops that are deployed or even on training missions in the US get killed in vehicle and firearms accidents.  Some even die in their sleep from heart attacks.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to compare those deaths to deaths from firefights?

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2023, 01:47:20 am »
@Maj. Bill Martin

What was the percentage of the total deaths of support troops attributed to enemy action,compared to  those  of the truck convoy and the infantry people?

Troops that are deployed or even on training missions in the US get killed in vehicle and firearms accidents.  Some even die in their sleep from heart attacks.

Are you SERIOUSLY going to try to compare those deaths to deaths from firefights?

I don't have any desire to discuss this with you further.  Frankly, your smug patting your own back for your service being better/more courageous than that of others who gave their lives makes me sick.

Ignore list.

Offline corbe

« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2023, 01:48:16 am »
   DeSantis is going after the queer Industry (Disney) in 2023.  Trump and Haley criticized him for that.  He still won't budge himself from their movement based on faulted advice from Ivanka.

I just don't think Trump represents any change at all   :shrug:
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 01:49:15 am by corbe »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2023, 03:02:01 am »
Remember when this was making the rounds about 20 years ago.  Now when I see it, it makes me sick.

I don’t think that’s bad.

All it is is “past presidents” praying with him.

I can see how some would cringe, but it’s not the same as implying a clearly immoral (and perpetually grumpy) man has God at his side.  I hope he does, but Trump doesn’t care about God.  Not publicly, for sure.

Of course, it also made me kind of sick seeing that Trump AS George Washington meme.  Grumpy slouching Trump with the Fist of Peace in GW in the Delaware mode.  Being a Washington fan, I don’t know if George would like him too much, any more than Horacio Gates.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2023, 03:30:01 am »
Maybe you should ask Trump since he is the one who posted it.

Try getting out of the bubble a little more.   :laugh:

The original tweet was all over social media for hours before Trump's team found it and retweeted it.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2023, 04:06:16 am »
So "The Real Donald Trump" isn't Donald Trump?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #270 on: October 04, 2023, 05:17:56 am »
So "The Real Donald Trump" isn't Donald Trump?

Good catch.  Thank you, I wasn't clear.  Here's the point:  The social media post from Trump was a repost of an one widely circulating social media for hours.  Neither Trump, as you implied, nor his team, was not the creator of the meme or the originator of its posting.

Thanks again.  :beer:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #271 on: October 04, 2023, 05:19:31 am »
So Trump did post it, no?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #272 on: October 04, 2023, 11:14:58 am »
@Polly Ticks

I don't either unless they start telling wild war stories.

What wild war stories did Ron DeSantis tell? And can you provide the quote?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #273 on: October 04, 2023, 11:26:42 am »
This is why I never have and never will get so invested in any person period....well okay maybe my wife and kids but never any damn celebrity or politician.

People who get elected to office wield power, and are in the position to pass laws that impact us. I am inclined to be suspicious of all of them, even the ones that I support and vote for

There are two ways you can be overly invested in  a politician. One is everything they do it right, and cannot be questioned. The second is someone hates that person so much that everything they do is wrong and evil. I have a couple of very left wing in laws that are on the extreme of the other end when it comes to Trump. They insist that he called the neo Nazis in Charlottesville “very fine people” which, if you read the transcript, he clearly did not. But they’re too invested in their narrative to give that lie up.

All the same arguments that are made by Trump supporters when comes to the 2020 election or the legal issues that he’s facing the left makes and have made. I’ve seen and heard them first hand. Hillary Clinton was robbed in 2016, and voter fraud gave the election to Donald Trump along with Russian interference and any investigation into Joe Biden’s corruption and legal issues are all politically motivated. No amount of facts or reasoning will change that mindset. But you should always have your mind open enough to be willing to change it as new facts are presented.

In summary, same shit, different politician.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2023, 11:34:00 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #274 on: October 04, 2023, 12:24:26 pm »
People who get elected to office wield power, and are in the position to pass laws that impact us. I am inclined to be suspicious of all of them, even the ones that I support and vote for

There are two ways you can be overly invested in  a politician. One is everything they do it right, and cannot be questioned. The second is someone hates that person so much that everything they do is wrong and evil. I have a couple of very left wing in laws that are on the extreme of the other end when it comes to Trump. They insist that he called the neo Nazis in Charlottesville “very fine people” which, if you read the transcript, he clearly did not. But they’re too invested in their narrative to give that lie up.

All the same arguments that are made by Trump supporters when comes to the 2020 election or the legal issues that he’s facing the left makes and have made. I’ve seen and heard them first hand. Hillary Clinton was robbed in 2016, and voter fraud gave the election to Donald Trump along with Russian interference and any investigation into Joe Biden’s corruption and legal issues are all politically motivated. No amount of facts or reasoning will change that mindset. But you should always have your mind open enough to be willing to change it as new facts are presented.

In summary, same shit, different politician.

:thumbsup: