Author Topic: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering  (Read 12090 times)

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Re: WATCH: Ron DeSantis Kills It on Bill Maher, Has the Lib Audience Cheering
« Reply #225 on: October 03, 2023, 03:23:03 pm »
Looks like Greg Allman to me.  :shrug:
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
« Reply #226 on: October 03, 2023, 03:36:57 pm »

I was thinking Brad Delp of Boston.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #227 on: October 03, 2023, 03:46:25 pm »
I was thinking Brad Delp of Boston.

Kris Kristofferson, maybe?

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #228 on: October 03, 2023, 03:49:51 pm »
I was thinking that demonic God impersonator from Star Trek V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #229 on: October 03, 2023, 04:16:13 pm »
   Or they post memes with Jesus beside him in Court, which is blasphemous and certainly a sign of cult like behaviour. It used to disgust US when the obummer morons would do it.

Really? @corbe   This meme is blasphemous? 

Isaiah 41:10  "Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."

Isaiah 41:13  "For I, the Lord your God, hold your right hand; it is I who say to you, “Fear not, I am the one who helps you.”

Joshua 1:9  "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Offline Kamaji

Online LMAO

« Reply #231 on: October 03, 2023, 04:33:14 pm »
I was thinking that demonic God impersonator from Star Trek V.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkT1-N0VqUc

“Jim, you don’t ask the Almighty for his ID”

:rolling:
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #232 on: October 03, 2023, 04:50:57 pm »
You mean like this:  https://nypost.com/2023/10/03/trump-shares-court-sketch-of-him-sitting-next-to-jesus/

This cracks me up in many ways.

People hated on Ben Carson because he supposedly had a portrait with Jesus behind him.  (OK, maybe that's different - but I can verify the man is a Godly man.)

But they make pix of Jesus with Don, and they pretend that Don is a godly man.  With zero evidence.  All I see is Don willing to have people pray over him.

Maybe God is on Don's side.  I don't know.  But he certainly doesn't make one think he really even thinks about it, much less prays.

People on TOS who are EverTrumpers - I'd say half of them are "Amen" and God-fearing, but I cannot believe they have the wool pulled over their eyes that Trump really gives a darn about "Christian values".
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #233 on: October 03, 2023, 05:16:50 pm »
That doesn't make sense to me.  It takes 20 years to reach retirement, and that puts him at 15.  I think he just exited service - not retired - because he became governor.

I didn't mean a 20-yr retirement.   By 'retire' I meant that his military career ended.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #234 on: October 03, 2023, 05:20:58 pm »

Same here.  I always pictured Jesus looking like a young Billy Crystal.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #235 on: October 03, 2023, 05:26:36 pm »

Now I've got Miracle "mostly dead" Max in my head.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #236 on: October 03, 2023, 05:41:29 pm »
Now I've got Miracle "mostly dead" Max in my head.

Great scene!

Offline Kamaji

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #238 on: October 03, 2023, 05:45:14 pm »
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Wow.  Can't make this kind of stuff up.

Remember when this was making the rounds about 20 years ago.  Now when I see it, it makes me sick.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #239 on: October 03, 2023, 05:50:50 pm »

“He had no beauty or majesty to attract us to Him, nothing in His appearance that we should desire Him.” -  Isaiah 53:2

He was a Jewish generic looking fellow, that had to be pointed out of the crowd because He didn't stand out. IOWs, he was an ordinary looking fellow sorta like most of us.

So probable Billy Crystal is a closer guess than Hollywood and paintings.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:15:39 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2023, 06:08:14 pm »
    Yes, just like that.  Ironic that Trump has stated he has nothing to repent for.  I'm sure each of his three wives would beg to differ because adultery is still considered a sin, last time I looked.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2023, 06:39:57 pm »
This cracks me up in many ways.

People hated on Ben Carson because he supposedly had a portrait with Jesus behind him.  (OK, maybe that's different - but I can verify the man is a Godly man.)

But they make pix of Jesus with Don, and they pretend that Don is a godly man.  With zero evidence.  All I see is Don willing to have people pray over him.

Maybe God is on Don's side.  I don't know.  But he certainly doesn't make one think he really even thinks about it, much less prays.

People on TOS who are EverTrumpers - I'd say half of them are "Amen" and God-fearing, but I cannot believe they have the wool pulled over their eyes that Trump really gives a darn about "Christian values".

I think he looks like Charlton Heston.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 06:40:49 pm by libertybele »
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2023, 08:35:26 pm »
What’s amazing is the pretzel logic some Trump followers use to deify every single thing Trump has ever done.

To the point of denigrating a remarkable and honorable military service now. Folks need to see that, and really look. Conservatives lift up and sustain such service. Conservatives honor those who have honored their oath.

Why are we being told otherwise? Why would we follow that?

I will not.

Online berdie

« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2023, 09:29:30 pm »

The cynic in me says...pandering to the Evangelicals.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #245 on: October 03, 2023, 09:42:01 pm »

Trumps pretty good at making stupid shit up. That’s what got him in this mess in the first place.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #246 on: October 03, 2023, 09:58:56 pm »
I've never heard it either.  Everyone knows the grunts bear the biggest burden, but I've never heard a grunt mock other MOS's as no better than draft dodgers. At least not in the Marines.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Now your love of DeSanctimonious has you actually lying about me?

Not that you don't have good reasons to be desperate because the whiney little bitch you  support is almost at the bottom of the loser list, but there SHOULD be limits.

Either post a direct quote of me saying that,or post an apology.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #247 on: October 03, 2023, 10:00:25 pm »
@Maj. Bill Martin

Now your love of DeSanctimonious has you actually lying about me?

Not that you don't have good reasons to be desperate because the whiney little bitch you  support is almost at the bottom of the loser list, but there SHOULD be limits.

Either post a direct quote of me saying that,or post an apology.

He joined the Navy as a lawyer. Same thing as draft-dodging while wearing a uniform. Hell,a lot of people saw that as legalized draft-dodging.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2023, 10:02:26 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #248 on: October 03, 2023, 10:05:16 pm »
It's all service, Bubba... with loved ones far away and worrying... Stranger in a strange land. You're stone dead wrong on this... And not your way (I've known you a long time)

@roamer_1

This is proof you  have no idea what you  are talking about.  You ARE right about the loved ones being worried because the loved ones really can't comprehend what is going on,other than a family member went off to serve where a war was going on.

There were actually support soldiers in the big bases that weren't even  issued weapons. The weapons were issued to platoons,and kept unloaded under lock and key that only the company armorer and the Company Commander had a key for. I personally knew a man that served over 5 years in VN and never heard a shot fired. He went from E-3 to  E-6 in the same company.

YOU tell ME how much danger they were in.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #249 on: October 03, 2023, 10:11:19 pm »
@roamer_1

This is proof you  have no idea what you  are talking about.  You ARE right about the loved ones being worried because the loved ones really can't comprehend what is going on,other than a family member went off to serve where a war was going on.

There were actually support soldiers in the big bases that weren't even  issued weapons. The weapons were issued to platoons,and kept unloaded under lock and key that only the company armorer and the Company Commander had a key for. I personally knew a man that served over 5 years in VN and never heard a shot fired. He went from E-3 to  E-6 in the same company.

YOU tell ME how much danger they were in.

@sneakypete

Maybe, just maybe, what was happening over in the desert wasn't the same as what you experienced in Vietnam.  Or are you now an expert in wars you've never been without 5000 miles of?

You're like an old man looking for a set of rabbit ears on a cable TV, and bitching because you can't get the picture right.