Author Topic: Donald Trump Says Looters ‘Should Expect To Be Shot’ If He Retakes White House In 2024  (Read 1496 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Donald Trump Says Looters ‘Should Expect To Be Shot’ If He Retakes White House In 2024

Harold Hutchison
Reporter
September 29, 2023 8:45 PM ET

Former President Donald Trump said that if he returns to the White House after the 2024 elections, looters “should expect to be shot.”

Trump spoke at the convention of the California Republican Party Friday, two days after skipping the Republican presidential debate at the Reagan Presidential Library. Rioters in Philadelphia looted multiple stores Tuesday and Wednesday night after a judge dismissed charges against a former police officer involved in a shooting.

WATCH:

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/29/donald-trump-says-looters-should-expect-to-be-shot-if-he-retakes-white-house-in-2024/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Too bad that isn't the President's call.  You'd have some Supreme Court precedents you'd have to overturn first.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Too bad that isn't the President's call.  You'd have some Supreme Court precedents you'd have to overturn first.

Well, Trumps is a known Constitutional law expert and scholar, so he's got it covered.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This is no different from DeSantis' you loot, we shoot.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It's legal and a law in FL. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline LMAO

Agree

Both are trying to “out Trump” the other
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

DeSantis vows to ‘start slitting throats on day one’
The Hill, BY JULIA MANCHESTER - 08/03/23

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) on Sunday said he would “start slitting throats on day one” when it comes to taking on the “deep state.”

DeSantis made the remarks at a barbecue campaign event in Rye, N.H., hosted by former Sen. Scott Brown (R-Mass.).

“We’re going to have all of these deep state people, you know, we are going to start slitting throats on day one,” DeSantis said.

This is not the first time the Florida governor has used the terminology. Last month, during an interview with the right-leaning outlet Real America’s Voice, DeSantis used the expression when talking about how he would change the hierarchy in the Department of Defense if elected.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4135422-desantis-vows-to-start-slitting-throats-on-day-one/

Offline LMAO

Both candidates have talked about the out-of-control crime in the inner cities and the left-wing prosecutors weak on crime positions

Why not just stick with that? The problem with crime isn’t because we’re not shooting looters

The crime problem is because there’s no meaningful punishment and there’s a major political party that has their back
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline cato potatoe

We all lived through 2020.  Tumpy just hid in the White House and tweeted nasty things.  Fauci probably ordered him not to interfere.

Online mountaineer

We all lived through 2020.  Tumpy just hid in the White House and tweeted nasty things.  Fauci probably ordered him not to interfere.
Yeah, his comment might be a smidge more believable if he'd done anything at all during the riots of 2020.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Trump has turned into the politio-clown of pulling out empty campaign promises and rhetoric,  doling them out like balloon animals at a circus.

Kind of like that wall and Mexico paying for it.  Pitiful, and the nation is laughing at him. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Yeah, his comment might be a smidge more believable if he'd done anything at all during the riots of 2020.

:amen:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Interesting..... what part of the Constitution and/or established legal precedent would you have recommended President Trump sidestep to accomplish this "anything"?

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Interesting..... what part of the Constitution and/or established legal precedent would you have recommended President Trump sidestep to accomplish this "anything"?

Presumably, the same one he's going to use to back up this tough-guy statement that looters will be shot as they leave stores.

Just spitballin' here....
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:02:27 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Presumably, the same one he's going to use to back up this tough-guy statement that looters will be shot as they leave stores.

Just spitballin' here....

Tump doesn't realize that so many who were so enthusiastic to support him in '20, will be looking for more conservative alternatives, or focus their time and treasure on retaining the house, and securng the senate.  He can't hide behind his far left turn.

That's where the GOP needs to focus its money on.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Shooting looters who do not pose a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to another person is not an appropriate response under the law. It might feel good to the person shooting the thief - but only until he finds himself prosecuted for homicide or attempted homicide.

As for the riots of 2020, there were many instances where law enforcement's use of deadly force would have been justified - where rioters actually were injuring and even killing other people - but it seems they never were authorized to use it.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:10:17 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

Shooting looters who do not pose a significant threat of serious bodily injury or death to another person is not an appropriate response under the law. It might feel good to the person shooting the thief - but only until he finds himself prosecuted for homicide or attempted homicide.

Yup

Both Trump and DeSantis simply need to stick to the message about the rising crime in inner cities and what party is responsible for it. This is a 110% Democrat party caused problem.

But, being politics, there’s no chance either one will point out the deterioration of the inner city black culture as the root cause.

Forget the “shooting looters” and “slitting throat” lines

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

As for the riots of 2020, there were many instances where law enforcement's use of deadly force would have been justified - where rioters actually were injuring and even killing other people - but it seems they never were authorized to use it.

Right.  Law enforcement absolutely can't do it.

The most you can have on a state level is, potentially, law enforcement & DA's who refuse to prosecute private citizens who shoot looters.   But those private citizens are clearly risking murder prosecutions if they do.

Federal government really has nothing to do with that, so I have no clue what Trump's talking about.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 04:15:54 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline libertybele

Right.  Law enforcement absolutely can't do it.

The most you can have on a state level is, potentially, law enforcement & DA's who refuse to prosecute private citizens who shoot looters.   But those private citizens are clearly risking murder prosecutions if they do.

Federal government really has nothing to do with that, so I have no clue what Trump's talking about.

Trump is blowing hot air again, and it is yet another example of his hypocrisy. Where was he when the rioters and looters were allowed to get away with their mayhem and destruction while he was president?  Sure, Trump several times PROMISED that he would calm the riots; he even held a Bible in his hands for effect, yet he blinked and they called his bluff. He failed. Now he says he's going to start shooting people for looting?  Donald once again running his mouth making promises that he won't be able to keep.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Insurrection Act -- we've been down this road before and IIRC your excuse for him in essence is it would hurt him politically.

I don't want to hear anymore excuses.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Both candidates have talked about the out-of-control crime in the inner cities and the left-wing prosecutors weak on crime positions

Why not just stick with that? The problem with crime isn’t because we’re not shooting looters

The crime problem is because there’s no meaningful punishment and there’s a major political party that has their back
What is going on is a replay of the looting, burning, and riots of the 1960s. It isn't new. The only thing that is new is the capability to communicate with large numbers of looters with fake accounts and burner phones and target stores or a business district with a mob.

What Trump espouses (actually curfews and shooting violators and looters) worked in the 1960s. The rioting was quelled. Necessary force levels were actually studied back then and into the early '70s, as to what level of force was needed to quell what level of lawlessness. That information has been ignored, (I believe intentionally so) in the last decade as the (now) openly Marxist mobs do all in their power to destroy the fundamental basis of Capitalism: small business. That is in concert with regulations and rules that make it difficult for small businesses to operate, being imposed by a Marxist inspired government with serious ties to the WEF.

The "anarchy" seen is actually a tool of the totalitarians who are using that lower level and localized anarchy to convince people that (somehow) more Government is the answer, from on high, imposed as a one-size-fits-all solution on Americans everywhere, from the inner cities to (literally) one-horse towns in the Dakotas, to Alaskan fishing villages.

Be careful what you wish for. The problem, as are all political problems, is local. Local DAs who will not prosecute. Catch and release programs for suspects. Downgraded charges for serious felonies. Police with their hands tied, because enforcing the law comes with riots the local government will not back the police in stopping. Not to mention prison sentences for the few perpetrators who are convicted of serious crimes up to and including murder that are a joke, and only encourage more and more serious lawless behaviour.
The law should be color blind (the blindfold on the statue of Justice represents this). You should be granted no mercy over events of 150 or more years ago, they are irrelevant, or would be if you had done something to better your lot, and for damned sure would only leave ancestors who wanted the freedom to be more hanging their heads in tearful shame at what has been done in the name of their servitude.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DB

Antifa rioted, looted and murdered for nearly two years with Trump at the helm. Not even federal property - such as a federal court house - were protected.

Trump is virtually all talk and has been since the beginning. Lock her up has taken an ironic turn...

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Trump is blowing hot air again, and it is yet another example of his hypocrisy. Where was he when the rioters and looters were allowed to get away with their mayhem and destruction while he was president?  Sure, Trump several times PROMISED that he would calm the riots; he even held a Bible in his hands for effect, yet he blinked and they called his bluff. He failed. Now he says he's going to start shooting people for looting?  Donald once again running his mouth making promises that he won't be able to keep.

What's kind of amazing in this thread was that Trump promised to shoot looters, someone points out that he didn't do that in 2020, and then @Right_in_Virginia strolls in to point out that he didn't have the legal authority to do that in 2020.  Completely ignoring that Trump still doesn't have the legal authority to do it now, but just promised it anyway. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical

Bingo. His time to shoot looters was 3 years ago.

Online Hoodat

When did this become a federal issue and no longer a State issue?  These are entirely different.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-