Author Topic: 'New normal': High number of migrants crossing border not likely to slow  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
'New normal': High number of migrants crossing border not likely to slow
Story by Terry Collins, USA TODAY •
2h

With migrants in need of housing, safety and economic opportunity continuing to enter the United States, the overall number of migrant encounters with U.S. authorities this year has already surpassed last year's total.

And that number is expected to keep climbing.

How many migrants crossed the border in 2023?

More than 2.8 million migrants have had encounters with authorities so far this fiscal year, compared to more than 2.7 million migrants in 2022, according to the latest Customs and Border Protection (CBP) statistics. The current migrant figure includes August, but not September, the last month of this fiscal year, which has yet to be announced.

About 2.2 million people were apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border through August, compared to 2.38 million border encounters for all of last year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-normal-high-number-of-migrants-crossing-border-not-likely-to-slow/ar-AA1htUCD?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=a98dd7171a534e9eaaa9672aa36eb5d5&ei=36#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson