Author Topic: HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM: 4 Mexican drug cartels are operating inside Colony Ridge migrant settlem  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM: 4 Mexican drug cartels are operating inside Colony Ridge migrant settlement
09/29/2023 // Richard Brown // 1.8K Views

Situated approximately 20 miles northeast of downtown Houston, Colony Ridge has become a favorite haven for illegal immigrants over the past decade. But the settlement poses a threat to national security, given that four Mexican drug cartels operate within it.

Todd Bensman, a senior national security fellow at the Washington, D.C.-based Center for Immigration Studies (CIS), disclosed this issue during an interview with the Daily Wire. He confirmed that four cartels are operating within the settlement, and noted the "very thin" presence of law enforcement in the area. According to Bensman, Immigration and Customs Enforcement doesn't enforce the law in Colony Ridge – an "appealing" proposal for border crossers planning to live and work illegally in the United States.

Bensman wasn't alone with his concerns regarding Colony Ridge. He found an ally in the person of Rep. Brian Babin (R-TX), who shared rumors he heard about the cartels "playing a role" in the area.

"It was very concerning to fly over it," the congressman remarked. "It's got an enormous footprint. In the three years since I last saw it, it looks like it’s pretty much doubled in size."

Babin's remarks indeed hold true, as the community measuring 60 square miles has grown to 75,000 residents – thanks to the efforts of Texas developer William "Trey" Harris. He conducts these land sales through his development firm Terranos Houston, predominantly utilizing Spanish-language marketing channels.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-29-cartels-operating-inside-colony-ridge-migrant-settlement.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson