Author Topic: INVASION ALERT: Over 8K illegals crossed into Texas city with less than 30K population in just 4 day  (Read 203 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
INVASION ALERT: Over 8K illegals crossed into Texas city with less than 30K population in just 4 days
09/29/2023 // Zoey Sky // 640 Views

Eagle Pass is a city in Texas with a population of no more than 30,000. A flood of immigrants recently overwhelmed the city, prompting Mayor Rolando Salinas, Jr. to issue an emergency declaration lasting at least seven days.

The emergency declaration ended Tuesday, Sept. 26, and it's still not clear whether it has been renewed.

At a Sept. 19 press conference, Salinas estimated that 2,500 individuals crossed into Eagle Pass illegally on Sept. 17-18. The emergency declaration apparently didn't have an immediate effect as Maverick County Sheriff Tom Schmerber said another 2,700 migrants crossed at Eagle Pass on Sept. 19, with 3,000 more on Sept. 20.

In the declaration, Salinas said that Eagle Pass is committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of local citizens. He added that the emergency declaration grants Eagle Pass the ability to "request financial resources to provide the additional services caused by the influx of the undocumented immigrants."

Since the only shelter in Eagle Pass can't accommodate all of the asylum seekers, many illegal immigrants were seen out in the city streets.

https://www.naturalnews.com/2023-09-29-over-8k-illegals-crossed-into-texas-city.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson