Author Topic: Migrants Booted From NYC Shelter Into Pummeling Rain  (Read 458 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants Booted From NYC Shelter Into Pummeling Rain
« on: September 30, 2023, 10:14:57 am »
Migrants Booted From NYC Shelter Into Pummeling Rain
Story by By Gwynne Hogan / The City •
7h

While New Yorkers were cautioned to stay home and avoid travel during Friday’s pummeling rainstorm, migrants at a Brooklyn shelter were unceremoniously shown the door — with some forced to trudge across Bushwick with all their worldly belongings.

“Despite everything they kicked us out,” said 30-year-old Victor Arana, in Spanish, while lugging a suitcase and two bags wrapped in plastic down Wyckoff Avenue towards the M train. “It doesn’t matter to them if we’re OK or not.”

The men had to leave the Jefferson Street shelter, a converted commercial building, as part of a new city policy aimed at reducing the time migrants without children can spend in shelters. Migrants who don’t have a place to stay within 60 days have been instructed to return to the Roosevelt Hotel in Midtown, the city’s main intake center for arriving migrants, to seek a cot in another facility. Those who receive another shelter bed, and newly arrived migrants, are now given just 30 days to stay there.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/migrants-booted-from-nyc-shelter-into-pummeling-rain/ar-AA1ht9Fj?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=9717972fee77458da66f578b42832121&ei=22#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Migrants Booted From NYC Shelter Into Pummeling Rain
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 09:19:22 pm »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 11:28:46 pm »
These same people that couldn't wait to show their "compassion" towards illegal immigrants when Trump was taking a hard line on illegal immigration by declaring themselves "Sanctuary Cities" sure are mean
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2023, 01:27:28 am »
Sr. Arana is being mistreated in the USA. Perhaps he should consider going back home. Or was he forced to come here illegally?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org