Author Topic: Soldiers subjected to horrendous living conditions according to government report  (Read 187 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Soldiers subjected to horrendous living conditions according to government report
September 28, 2023

Jeremy Wallace, Texas Political Writer
San Antonio Express-News
(TNS)

Soldiers in Texas and other parts of the country are living in barracks rife with mold, bed bugs, gas leaks and even squatters, a new government report shows.

“We found that living conditions in some military barracks may pose potentially serious risks to the physical and mental health of service members, as well as their safety,” the U.S. General Accountability Office stated in its review.

The GAO surveyed 10 barracks across the country, including Joint Base San Antonio, and found instances of raw sewage in bathrooms, broken heating and cooling systems, and in one case methane gas leaking into rooms from aging pipes. Soldiers told auditors they felt unsafe and depressed in their surroundings.

https://popularmilitary.com/soldiers-subject-to-horrendous-living-conditions-according-to-government-report/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
But illegal aliens live in four and five-star hotels.  Seems fair to me. *****rollingeyes*****
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson