Author Topic: Dems Call For Conservative Justice Recusals On Cases That Could Undermine Their Political Goals  (Read 226 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dems Call For Conservative Justice Recusals On Cases That Could Undermine Their Political Goals

KATELYNN RICHARDSON
CONTRIBUTOR
September 28, 2023
8:20 PM ET

Fifty House Democrats wrote a letter to Justice Clarence Thomas Wednesday calling on him to recuse from Loper Bright Enterprises v. Raimondo, an upcoming case with major implications for the authority of executive agencies, after ProPublica published a story about his presence at a 2018 Koch network event.

Last month, Senate Judiciary Chair Dick Durbin likewise called for Justice Samuel Alito to recuse from the term’s major tax case, Moore v. United States, after a lawyer on the case interviewed him for the Wall Street Journal.

“The Left is inventing new recusal standards, not grounded in any law or in precedent, to bully these originalist Justices to recuse so the Left can have their preferred lineup of Justices decide these big cases,” Mark Paoletta, a Schaerr Jaffe law firm partner and close friend of Thomas, told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

Democrats are increasingly calling for conservative justices to recuse themselves from major cases with the potential to hurt their political goals.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/28/dems-call-for-conservative-justice-recusals-on-cases-that-could-undermine-their-political-goals/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Ignore them.