Author Topic: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates  (Read 2685 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates
« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:29 pm »
Newt apparently believes the Republican primary should be decided by pollsters, not by voters.  The election is decided before a single vote is cast.

Lovely.

Why are people like Newt against these debates?  What harm do they do?  I mean, the entire basis of his point is that the debates aren't accomplishing anything so...what's the harm?

Personally, I'd prefer to remind voters as much as possible that not every Republican belives Trump should be the nominee.

It's also foolish to dismiss the possibility that legal or other issues could change the dynamic of the GOP primary.

@Maj. Bill Martin

Which has RINO's all over the country getting "wood".

BTW,for the record,I  do NOT consider you one of them.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2023, 09:55:19 pm »
Damn, someone's sensitive.

I personally haven't once complained about Trump not participating in the debates.  All I'm asking for is the opportunity to hear the other candidates who are running, and to actually vote for our preferred nominee rather than have one anointed by pollsters. 

For some reason I can't really fathom, that seems to bother you.

:laugh:  Sorry if I lumped you with the ankle biters who are focused on Pres. Trump ducking the debates. 

But that still doesn't make you any less nutz than the rest of them.   :beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2023, 09:56:57 pm »
Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

And don't give us any of your 'truths' regarding the outright, stolen 2020 Election.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.

@DCPatriot

But...,but...,but...,he is not only RICH AND RUDE,he is also ORANGE!

Whut weeze neads bees sumbodie what bees pour n homliss,in ordur ta speek fo de peep-pulls!

Ifn dat doan wurk,dey iz still a Bush left unpicked!

Powur to da peep-pulls!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2023, 09:58:39 pm »
No, Gingrich is not telling us that.  You are.  Gingrich is a smart guy, and if that's what he meant, that's what he would have actually said.

The argument he actually made - as opposed to the argument you wish he had made - is that the debates should be stopped because polls show Trump far ahead. Not that the debates should be canceled because Trump is the incumbent.

@Maj. Bill Martin

ANYBODY that follows the advise of some professional politician that thinks  Newt is stupid  is a clueless fool.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2023, 10:00:01 pm »
Just what we need a little stink eye of Newt telling us lowly peons that we don't need no new ideas or thoughts because....all hail the Trumpster, the polls :silly: have spoken.

@GtHawk

Well,it WOULD be nice if you had an occasional thought,other than wondering why your knee keeps jerking and hitting you under the chin.

Online corbe

« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2023, 10:00:47 pm »
   When you realize you've hooked your star to a flawed candidate that lost us another US another 4 years, which I believe we'll never recover from, will you repent @sneakypete ?  Probably NOT.
   Nothing has changed from 2020 it's mathematically impossible for Trump to win all 6 swing states.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2023, 10:07:09 pm »
I've never heard the argument for other candidates to drop out of a race before any votes have been cast just because of polling

Based on that argument, BHO should have dropped out in 2007 for the "inevitable" Hillary Clinton or Trump should have given up his presidential run in 2016 as polls had Clinton beating Trump in a general election.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2023, 10:07:38 pm »
   When you realize you've hooked your star to a flawed candidate that lost us another US another 4 years, which I believe we'll never recover from, will you repent @sneakypete ?  Probably NOT.
   Nothing has changed from 2020 it's mathematically impossible for Trump to win all 6 swing states.

@corbe

Other than Reagan,name a Presidential candidate that WASN'T "flawed" in the eyes of some people.

Yes,Trump IS "flawed".

So is everyone else running.

BUT.......,Trump is the ONLY candidate that cares more for what the history books will write about his Presidency than anything else you would care to mention.

EVERYBODY else is looking for fame and fortune,and Trump has pretty much had both for his entire life. The ONLY thing he cares about at this point is how his Presidency will get written about in the history books.

PLUS,he has the added benefit of never being able to run for President again,so he won't be scheming and plotting on how to get re-elected the same day he gets sworn in.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 10:08:43 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2023, 10:16:33 pm »
@corbe

Other than Reagan,name a Presidential candidate that WASN'T "flawed" in the eyes of some people.

Yes,Trump IS "flawed".

So is everyone else running.

BUT.......,Trump is the ONLY candidate that cares more for what the history books will write about his Presidency than anything else you would care to mention.

EVERYBODY else is looking for fame and fortune,and Trump has pretty much had both for his entire life. The ONLY thing he cares about at this point is how his Presidency will get written about in the history books.

PLUS,he has the added benefit of never being able to run for President again,so he won't be scheming and plotting on how to get re-elected the same day he gets sworn in.

@sneakypete you have said that multiple times.  Question is how exactly do you know; other than it is probably taken from Trump talking points page 101.  Seriously, how much of that orange Kool-Aid are you going to continue to drink??

Gee, I don't know, DeSantis has stated that he'll be ready to take office on day one which doesn't sound like any kind of scheming.  He was ready to be governor on day one and has done an exceptional job, so I have no reason to doubt him.

Trump wasn't ready on his first day last time, what makes you think he has his ducks in a row this time around???
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2023, 10:39:50 pm »
@sneakypete you have said that multiple times.  Question is how exactly do you know; other than it is probably taken from Trump talking points page 101.  Seriously, how much of that orange Kool-Aid are you going to continue to drink??

Gee, I don't know, DeSantis has stated that he'll be ready to take office on day one which doesn't sound like any kind of scheming.  He was ready to be governor on day one and has done an exceptional job, so I have no reason to doubt him.

Trump wasn't ready on his first day last time, what makes you think he has his ducks in a row this time around???

@libertybele

Give it a rest. You are "in the bag" for any  surrender monkey that runs.

Online corbe

« Reply #60 on: September 29, 2023, 10:44:28 pm »
@libertybele

And you are in the BAG for the shiny 'Orange' object, still!  @sneakypete
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #61 on: September 29, 2023, 10:50:16 pm »
Geez...look around, @the OlLine Rebel    There's no REAL reason to abandon/challenge him when scanning the contenders.

The media complex has generated all this dislike/hatred for the man.

If the man wins the presidency you Twelve Angry Men on the forum should fall down on your knees and pray the rosary.

Reagan was loved by conservatives and begrudgingly liked and respected by liberals.  Only the most insane could make disparaging comments about him.  He really was legitimate Teflon.

Trump isn’t anywhere close to that.  Just that he has developed a cult as no Republican ever has.  He generates his own hatred.  Easy target because he makes targets out of everyone and is just hateful.  And yes, it matters.

That said, I will vote for Trump in the general.  No way I am just staying home and letting an official Dem win.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #62 on: September 29, 2023, 10:52:57 pm »
There is no arguing with members of a cult.  And the Trump cult is particularly pernicious.

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #63 on: September 29, 2023, 10:53:35 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #64 on: September 29, 2023, 10:54:45 pm »
@libertybele

You're in the bag for the Rich Orange Dude who FAILED on his policies and lied about his wealth and defrauded people.  Got it!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #65 on: September 29, 2023, 10:58:41 pm »

****slapping

@MOD7

@Kamaji  @catfish1957  @Maj. Bill Martin  @libertybele  @corbe

Yeah you guyz...  we don't want to make a "Safe Room" for you like we did in 2015.    :tongue2:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #66 on: September 29, 2023, 11:06:53 pm »
That was a low blow @DCPatriot

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #67 on: September 29, 2023, 11:11:10 pm »

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2023, 11:59:16 pm »

@Kamaji  @catfish1957  @Maj. Bill Martin  @libertybele  @corbe

Yeah you guyz...  we don't want to make a "Safe Room" for you like we did in 2015.    :tongue2:

Nah, I'll be fine.  No real point in getting upset about it.  In fact, if Trump does become the nominee, I won't be paying much attention to it all anyway because I won't care who wins.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2023, 12:00:45 am »
There is no arguing with members of a cult.  And the Trump cult is particularly pernicious.

@Kamaji

NOT as pernicious as the "anybody BUT Trump cult.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2023, 12:02:06 am »
You're in the bag for the Rich Orange Dude who FAILED on his policies and lied about his wealth and defrauded people.  Got it!

@libertybele

Even IF all you wrote was true,and it isn't,he is STILL a better candidate than any surrender monkey you support.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2023, 12:24:55 am »
Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

No, nor did Trump in 2020.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.

Noot is a Beltway Swamp rat telling us to throw in the towel and get behind the Swamp candidate.  It has nothing to do with your fake incumbent.  By your 'logic' [sic], Trump should have yielded to the 'incumbent' Mitt Romney in 2016.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:03:43 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #73 on: September 30, 2023, 12:27:44 am »
No, nor did Trump in 2000.

Noot is a Beltway Swamp rat telling us to throw in the towel and get behind the Swamp candidate.  It has nothing to do with your fake incumbent.  By your 'logic' [sic], Trump should have yielded to the 'incumbent' Mitt Romney in 2016.

If Romney would have had a 45 point lead in every Party poll... you'd be talking apples/apples.   happy77

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #74 on: September 30, 2023, 12:38:10 am »
Maybe it's just time to abandon the GOP? Its overrated anyway.