Author Topic: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates  (Read 2642 times)

Online LMAO

Re: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2023, 07:04:12 pm »
Trump will be an impoverished felon by the time the general election rolls around.  Is that really how deep down in the dregs we have to go to find a nominee?

Especially with a choice of talented, conservative governors
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2023, 07:05:08 pm »
Do you know what an incumbent is? Trump is the current front runner. But he’s not the incumbent.

I know the difference.

Do you know why Donald Trump is 40 plus points up on every challenger?
Because people know full well 2020 was stolen in the middle of the night.

They KNOW the election was stolen.  I know.

WTF don't you know?   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2023, 07:07:37 pm »
I know the difference.

Do you know why Donald Trump is 40 plus points up on every challenger?
Because people know full well 2020 was stolen in the middle of the night.

They KNOW the election was stolen.  I know.

WTF don't you know?

This has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that Donald Trump is the incumbent

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2023, 07:08:17 pm »
Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

Reagan was a sitting incumbant.  Trump is not right now.  You've really gotten goodl at apples and oranges comparison misteps.

And don't give us any of your 'truths' regarding the outright, stolen 2020 Election.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.

You missed the main point.....   Newt is about as much as a swamp insider as they come. with a porfolio in  Government,  Lobbying, and now a Trump slanted pundit. And again...   check the definition of a valid incumbent.  Trump was in 2020, but lost that standing.  He needs to earn the nomination as much as any other candidate.   Trump is actually more of swamp creature than at least half of what I saw on stage the other night
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2023, 07:11:10 pm »
This has absolutely nothing to do with your claim that Donald Trump is the incumbent

Exactly.

Online libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #31 on: September 29, 2023, 07:22:13 pm »

Donald Trump is ESSENTIALLY, the 'incumbent'.

2024 is a redo of 2020.

And it's not the Swamp that has spoken @libertybele ...it's the voters.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online LMAO

« Reply #32 on: September 29, 2023, 07:24:28 pm »

2024 is a redo of 2020.

Now you’re moving the goalposts

This is what the current White House attempted to do not terribly long ago with the definition of recession
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 07:25:23 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2023, 07:26:44 pm »

2024 is a redo of 2020.

The voters have spoken??? Last time I checked, no primary election has been held.  Also, Trump has declined to debate as he knows that would likely tilt the poll numbers dramatically in DeSantis' favor.

Trump is doing a disservice to Americans.  Shameful actually.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2023, 08:48:19 pm »
Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

And don't give us any of your 'truths' regarding the outright, stolen 2020 Election.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.

I knew EverTrumpers would reply to bait like “Trump is not the incumbent”.

Reagan was the actual incumbent.

Plus, Ronnie was so beloved no one wanted to run against him.  There was no real reason.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2023, 08:52:54 pm »
:facepalm2:

Cults of personality do such ugly things to their adherents' minds.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2023, 08:56:02 pm »

2024 is a redo of 2020.

When do I get a say?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2023, 08:59:06 pm »
I knew EverTrumpers would reply to bait like “Trump is not the incumbent”.

Reagan was the actual incumbent.

Plus, Ronnie was so beloved no one wanted to run against him.  There was no real reason.

Geez...look around, @the OlLine Rebel    There's no REAL reason to abandon/challenge him when scanning the contenders.

The media complex has generated all this dislike/hatred for the man.

If the man wins the presidency you Twelve Angry Men on the forum should fall down on your knees and pray the rosary.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2023, 08:59:59 pm »
When do I get a say?

LOL!  You already declared you wouldn't vote for the guy...You've had your say.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2023, 09:11:27 pm »

2024 is a redo of 2020.

No, we haven't spoken yet.

Ford beat Reagan in 1976 for the GOP nomination.  Does that mean that Reagan should have just punted the nomination to Ford again in 1980 because the voters "spoke" four years before?  Hell no -- people change their minds over time, and candidates may engage in actions that make voters more or less likely to vote for them a second time.  I voted for Trump in the 2020 general election but will not vote for him under any circumstances in 2024.  That's why we have elections every four years.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2023, 09:18:51 pm »
No, we haven't spoken yet.

Ford beat Reagan in 1976 for the GOP nomination.  Does that mean that Reagan should have just punted the nomination to Ford again in 1980 because the voters "spoke" four years before?  Hell no -- people change their minds over time, and candidates may engage in actions that make voters more or less likely to vote for them a second time.  I voted for Trump in the 2020 general election but will not vote for him under any circumstances in 2024.  That's why we have elections every four years.

Then start your own Goddamned political party instead of wasting your time here bitching about "The Champ" refusing to box some Featherweight wannabes. 

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2023, 09:26:09 pm »
Then start your own Goddamned political party instead of wasting your time here bitching about "The Champ" refusing to box some Featherweight wannabes.
I see All Hail Lord Trump or go to hell? If we don't see things your way than we don't matter? Gonna suck for Trump when all but his acolytes have been told to piss off! I will bet though when Trump loses all us "N'er Trumpsters" will be the one to blame, with the tried and true by not voting for Lord Trumpy we voted for Brandon or whoever the dems will field :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2023, 09:29:09 pm »
I see All Hail Lord Trump or go to hell? If we don't see things your way than we don't matter? Gonna suck for Trump when all but his acolytes have been told to piss off! I will bet though when Trump loses all us "N'er Trumpsters" will be the one to blame, with the tried and true by not voting for Lord Trumpy we voted for Brandon or whoever the dems will field :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly: :silly:

Nope...I'm thinking there's got to be 2 dozen UAW workers living paycheck to paycheck who are fed up with the Democrats and know a political hitjob when they see it.

That's more than enough to cancel you and the rest of your apostles' refusal to support him.   :laugh:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2023, 09:33:19 pm »
:facepalm2:

Online libertybele

« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2023, 09:36:03 pm »
Nope...I'm thinking there's got to be 2 dozen UAW workers living paycheck to paycheck who are fed up with the Democrats and know a political hitjob when they see it.

That's more than enough to cancel you and the rest of your apostles' refusal to support him.   :laugh:

All 2 dozen??? @DCPatriot your math is a little fuzzy these days.  :laugh:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #45 on: September 29, 2023, 09:43:16 pm »

I have never been in a union, but worked for years next to union guys on mutual jobs and while a number would talk conservative views they always to a man toed the union line when when push came to shove. There will not be enough Blacks, Hispanics, union members to put Trump back in office. We're not talking about someone like Reagan whose whole being was Pro America, but also spoke and dealt with everyone respectfully. trump speaks Pro America but he talks shit about everyone that doesn't kiss his big orange @$$, and that just doesn't get you the cross over votes he needs to win.

Online LMAO

« Reply #46 on: September 29, 2023, 09:46:24 pm »
Union membership is at record low

The idea that union member votes  will overcome suburbanites and independents is a pipe dream

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: September 29, 2023, 09:50:35 pm »
Newt is one of the smartest people in DC,and he hit this one out of the park.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2023, 09:51:43 pm »

Damn, someone's sensitive.

I personally haven't once complained about Trump not participating in the debates.  All I'm asking for is the opportunity to hear the other candidates who are running, and to actually vote for our preferred nominee rather than have one anointed by pollsters. 

For some reason I can't really fathom, that seems to bother you.

Online corbe

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2023, 09:52:15 pm »
   His buddy pelousy agrees with him as she will instruct so many dems to cross party lines and vote for Trump in the primaries, as they did in 16.  The 'beat him again' is so very strong with them.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.