Author Topic: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates  (Read 2697 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates

Pam Key 28 Sep 2023

Fox News contributor and former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Thursday on Fox News Channel’s “The Ingraham Angle” that former President Donald Trump will be the 2024 Republican presidential nominee.

Gingrich said, “I suspect the money is there, but the votes aren’t. I’m a big fan of Glenn Youngkin. I think he’s doing a great job as governor. I think in 2028, he could be a very impressive, maybe even frontrunner for president, but not this time. Not this year.”

He continued, “I was talking to our mutual friend, the pollster Matt Towery this afternoon, and Matt said to me, based on what he saw last night, this race is over, Donald Trump will be the nominee, they might as well quit having the various debates because they don’t work, they’re not helping anybody, and I think that’s where we are. I think Trump will be the nominee and the question now for everybody is do you want to see Joe Biden reelected or do you want to help Donald Trump? There’s no middle ground here, I don’t think.”

Gingrich added, “I think the Republican National Committee should cancel the future debates and say, ‘Look, we recognize the objective fact that Trump will be the nominee. We want to work with him.”

He concluded, “In some of these races, some of these polls, Trump is like 43 points ahead of the next person, 43 points. He’s gonna be the nominee.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/28/gingrich-trump-will-be-nominee-gop-should-cancel-future-debates/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline kevindavis007

Re: Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 01:47:29 pm »
Newt should stuff it.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Kamaji

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2023, 02:36:23 pm »
Newt apparently believes the Republican primary should be decided by pollsters, not by voters.  The election is decided before a single vote is cast.

Lovely.

Why are people like Newt against these debates?  What harm do they do?  I mean, the entire basis of his point is that the debates aren't accomplishing anything so...what's the harm?

Personally, I'd prefer to remind voters as much as possible that not every Republican belives Trump should be the nominee.

It's also foolish to dismiss the possibility that legal or other issues could change the dynamic of the GOP primary.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 02:37:09 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2023, 03:57:34 pm »
Newt apparently believes the Republican primary should be decided by pollsters, not by voters.  The election is decided before a single vote is cast.

Lovely.

Why are people like Newt against these debates?  What harm do they do?  I mean, the entire basis of his point is that the debates aren't accomplishing anything so...what's the harm?

Personally, I'd prefer to remind voters as much as possible that not every Republican belives Trump should be the nominee.

It's also foolish to dismiss the possibility that legal or other issues could change the dynamic of the GOP primary.

If Trump is currently President (like he was in 2020), there should be no debates and he should be the nominee.  However, since he isn't the President he is applying for the job again. 

It shouldn't be a coronation.  Trump and his MAGA minions are acting like Hillary Clinton in 2008.  You know the person that Trump promised to lock up.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/ and the Eisenhower Caucus: https://EisenhowerCaucus.org

Ronald Reagan: “Rather than...talking about putting up a fence, why don’t we work out some recognition of our mutual problems and make it possible for them to come here legally with a work permit…earning here they pay taxes here.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2023, 04:20:12 pm »
I brought this ONE basket to carry ALL our eggs.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2023, 04:30:16 pm »

Genius!
The Republic is lost.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2023, 04:31:07 pm »
Newt was also absolutely sure he was going to be the nominee in 2012.. until he wasn’t.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2023, 04:31:21 pm »
Sorry, but Trump can earn it like everyone else.

He has a record that is open for debate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2023, 04:48:24 pm »
Sorry, but Trump can earn it like everyone else.

He has a record that is open for debate.

He has a record indeed; policy failures, failure to calm the insurrection, failure to completely build the wall, backpedaling and bullying.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2023, 04:49:10 pm »
Newt should stuff it.

On that you and I agree on.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2023, 04:49:24 pm »
He has a record indeed; policy failures, failure to calm the insurrection, failure to completely build the wall, backpedaling and bullying.

:thumbsup:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2023, 05:53:22 pm »

:yowsa:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2023, 06:00:02 pm »
 ////00000////

So, the GOP no longer wants voters to elect its Presidential nominee?

Good luck denying allegations that the GOP is now the party of autocracy.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2023, 06:12:13 pm »
The GOP died a long time ago. IF the nominee has already been decided a year in advance, then we no longer have free and fair elections.  The last election was stolen, who knows what this 'supposed election' will hold.

Thanks for the heads up Newt.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2023, 06:14:10 pm »
Gingrich: ‘Trump Will Be Nominee,’ GOP Should Cancel Future Debates

The Swamp has spoken.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2023, 06:24:39 pm »
The Swamp has spoken.

Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

And don't give us any of your 'truths' regarding the outright, stolen 2020 Election.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2023, 06:30:08 pm »
Don't have Alzheimer's ...far as I know, but please indulge me.

Did Ronald Reagan have in-party debates in 1984?

And don't give us any of your 'truths' regarding the outright, stolen 2020 Election.

Gingrich is telling you shine the light of stupidity on yourselves for not recognizing Donald Trump as the true incumbent.

No, Gingrich is not telling us that.  You are.  Gingrich is a smart guy, and if that's what he meant, that's what he would have actually said.

The argument he actually made - as opposed to the argument you wish he had made - is that the debates should be stopped because polls show Trump far ahead. Not that the debates should be canceled because Trump is the incumbent.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 06:35:30 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2023, 06:32:53 pm »
Is he the incumbent President?  Yes,or no?

Did I stutter?   :shrug:  Yes or no?
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2023, 06:44:28 pm »
Just what we need a little stink eye of Newt telling us lowly peons that we don't need no new ideas or thoughts because....all hail the Trumpster, the polls :silly: have spoken.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2023, 06:54:01 pm »
There is a difference between  an incumbent and a Frontrunner. The incumbent is on the Democrat side.

And no, Reagan did not have a primary challenge in 1984
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2023, 06:56:12 pm »
No, Gingrich is not telling us that.  You are.  Gingrich is a smart guy, and if that's what he meant, that's what he would have actually said.

The argument he actually made - as opposed to the argument you wish he had made - is that the debates should be stopped because polls show Trump far ahead. Not that the debates should be canceled because Trump is the incumbent.

Newt knows damned well the polls are reflecting that he IS the incumbent.

WTF else could it be??

You're painted into a corner...now just sit there until it dries.   happy77

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2023, 06:58:33 pm »
Trump will be an impoverished felon by the time the general election rolls around.  Is that really how deep down in the dregs we have to go to find a nominee?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2023, 06:59:17 pm »

WTF else could it be??

You're painted into a corner...now just sit there until it dries.   happy77

Do you know what an incumbent is? Trump is the current front runner. But he’s not the incumbent.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2023, 07:00:06 pm »

Says you.  Not Newt.  Newt said only that Trump has a big lead in the polls.  That it.

WTF else could it be??

Not even sure what that means.  Are you saying that only explanation for a candidate having a big lead in polls is because they're the incumbent?  Because I'm pretty sure that's not true.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 07:01:38 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »