Author Topic: NYC college dorms to house migrants  (Read 208 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYC college dorms to house migrants
« on: September 29, 2023, 12:49:13 pm »

NYC college dorms to house migrants
Story by Craig Treadway •
18h

NEW YORK (PIX11) — As officials continue to grapple with the migrant crisis, asylum seekers will now be housed in colleges In New York City.

The families will be living in dorms at the American Musical and Dramatic Academy campus and Columbia University. About 50 migrant families are already staying at the AMDA campus on West 61st Street in Manhattan.

Classes begin on Oct. 23 but the families will remain in the dorms throughout the school year.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/nyc-college-dorms-to-house-migrants/ar-AA1hpvxZ?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=2e43159111624aa2882b0b1dc291b2b9&ei=65#image=1
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: NYC college dorms to house migrants
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2023, 12:50:11 pm »
I don't imagine homeless Americans are welcome, though.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson