Author Topic: Ron DeSantis' Throws Down the Gauntlet, Challenges Trump to One-on-One Debate: 'I'm Ready for It'  (Read 5973 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Thanks for confirming that you're essentially buying votes.

@Maj. Bill Martin 

Thanks for confirming that you don't think votes are important.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy, always followed by a dictatorship. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. These nations have progressed through this sequence: From bondage to spiritual faith; From spiritual faith to great courage; From courage to liberty; From liberty to abundance; From abundance to selfishness; From selfishness to apathy; From apathy to dependence; From dependence back into bondage.”

Alexander Fraser Tytler

Currently, I would say, were at apathy to dependence
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 03:47:26 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Appreciate the clarity that we truly are on different sides.

Yet you still choose the king.   :pondering:

Offline LMAO

“I favor the policy of economy, not because I wish to save money, but because I wish to save people.”   Calvin Coolidge.

Now compare that to this:

“That’s why I said, you know, I go around, I don’t want to be too boisterous on this because you never know. Right. But I said, there’s no way I can lose Iowa and Nebraska.Any of these states, there’s no way because I gave the farmers $28 billion from China.” Donald Trump(repeating a debunked claim the money came from China)

When government hands out money to favored groups, it  encourages those people to vote for that candidate. But it creates a dependency and a flow of money that is hard to take away.

The best example I can think of this is ethanol subsidies. I haven’t heard any candidate state that they would dump this. Even though it’s a waste, there are people who are dependent on it, and may be reluctant to vote for a candidate that wants to take it away.

It also creates divisions. “I’m more deserving of my government check than those people.”

Both Biden and Trump do this “I gave x dollars to (insert favored group here). Neither man gave anything.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 04:23:39 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
“I favor the policy of economy, not because I wish to save money, but because I wish to save people.”   Calvin Coolidge.

@LMAO

So,Coolidge is running?

Who knew?

Has anyone told him it is no longer 1923?

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

So,Coolidge is running?

Who knew?

Has anyone told him it is no longer 1923?

Wow

How does one respond to this?

How you came to the conclusion that comparing a quote on limiting the size of government from a past president vs Trumps recent vote buying quote as me thinking Coolidge is running is beyond any Earthly comprehension
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:40:55 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Yet you still choose the king.   :pondering:

I'm not going to bicker with you about which side in 1775 was closest to Reagan conservatism, and which side was closest to Trumpism because we'd obviously disagree.  I'm just going to leave it at the acknowledgment that Trumpism and small-government conservatism are fundamentally incompatible.

I'm not going to bicker with you

As you wish, Sire.  As you wish.

Online Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 12:56:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline LMAO

Utterly amazing.

One poster claims that we have to grow the size of government first before we can reduce it in order to restore a free and independent nation

Another believes that those who want to reduce the size of the federal government share a commonality with King George

How do you even engage people with that disconnect from any semblance of reality? Stunning. Absolutely stunning.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 02:09:58 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Another good example of the danger of vote buying is the public employee pension time bomb that states are facing

Politicians promise public employee unions more benefits, and pension increases without any real plan to pay for them.  So they get the votes, while everybody else gets the bill

Both Trump and Biden are promising to lead us down an irreversible path

Barry Goldwater

Online Maj. Bill Martin

Another good example of the danger of vote buying is the public employee pension time bomb that states are facing

Politicians promise public employee unions more benefits, and pension increases without any real plan to pay for them.  So they get the votes, while everybody else gets the bill

Both Trump and Biden are promising to lead us down an irreversible path

If we wait until it is too late to have moderate reforms of federal entitlement programs, and some major bailout is required because we waited too long, Democrats will use that massive Social Security bailout as justification for also bailing out city/state pension funds.  May even hold the former hostage to the latter.

Online Kamaji

If we wait until it is too late to have moderate reforms of federal entitlement programs, and some major bailout is required because we waited too long, Democrats will use that massive Social Security bailout as justification for also bailing out city/state pension funds.  May even hold the former hostage to the latter.

Or bailing out left-wing cities - like NYC - altogether.

Offline LMAO

And it’ll also be used as a further justification for  bailing out any politically connected failing businesses.

Barry Goldwater

Online libertybele

@libertybele

I dunno.

Maybe he will need the help of a surrender monkey? Will you answer his call?

Gee, I dunno @sneakypete but do know that even though you resort to name calling, rest assured  I continue to pray for you.  happy77  :0001:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Another believes that those who want to reduce the size of the federal government share a commonality with King George

This election is about so much more than spending, as were the circumstances of our founding.  You appear unable or unwilling to grasp the true precipice this nation is on.  C’est la vie  :shrug:

Offline LMAO

This election is about so much more than spending, as were the circumstances of our founding.  You appear unable or unwilling to grasp the true precipice this nation is on.  C’est la vie  :shrug:

No

It's about reducing the size of the federal government so it can't be in a position to abuse it's citizens. I'm not interested in fulfilling  yours and Trump's emotional needs. Besides, Trump has made many of his own messes that have nothing to do with me

Folks, look at RIV's  post. This is what were are up against. We are up against people who believe that they are not just simply voting for a candidate, but saving a nation in the same vein as those who fought the British

How do you overcome such delusion? The dirty little secret is they want to wield it's power. They just won't admit it

Let me explain. As long as the government spends and grows, individual freedom is replaced with dependency and tyranny. When said federal government doesn't have that full power and funding, it's ability to abuse it's citizens is reduced.

If you look at history, dictators, even "soft dictators"  tend to follow severe financial and economic calamities. This not about, as you have said, 'throwing grandma out in the street just to balance a budget.'"  It's about reigning in an out of control federal government and taking away it's funding were feasible

It is you, dear,  that is unable or unwilling to grasp the true precipice this nation is on. You just see everything through the short term prism of Trump.  I, OTOH, see the long term
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 01:30:57 am by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

Now compare that to this:

“That’s why I said, you know, I go around, I don’t want to be too boisterous on this because you never know. Right. But I said, there’s no way I can lose Iowa and Nebraska.Any of these states, there’s no way because I gave the farmers $28 billion from China.” Donald Trump(repeating a debunked claim the money came from China)

When government hands out money to favored groups, it  encourages those people to vote for that candidate. But it creates a dependency and a flow of money that is hard to take away.

The best example I can think of this is ethanol subsidies. I haven’t heard any candidate state that they would dump this. Even though it’s a waste, there are people who are dependent on it, and may be reluctant to vote for a candidate that wants to take it away.

It also creates divisions. “I’m more deserving of my government check than those people.”

Both Biden and Trump do this “I gave x dollars to (insert favored group here). Neither man gave anything.

Sen Cruz denounced the Ethanol Subsidies and won Iowa in 15.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
No

It's about reducing the size of the federal government so it can't be in a position to abuse it's citizens. Not your's and Trump's emotional needs

Folks, look at RIV's  post. This is what were are up against. We are up against people who believe that they are not just simply voting for a candidate, but saving a nation in the same vein as those who fought the British

How do you overcome such delusion? The dirty little secret is they want to wield it's power. They just won't admit it

Let me explain. As long as the government spends and grows, individual freedom is replaced with dependency and tyranny. When said federal government doesn't have that full power and funding, it's ability to abuse it's citizens is reduced.

If you look at history, dictators, even "soft dictators"  tend to follow severe financial and economic calamities. This not about, as you have said, 'throwing grandma out in the street just to balance a budget.'"  It's about reigning in an out of control federal government and taking away it's funding were feasible

@LMAO

You,and those in complete agreement with you are the ones that are delusional.

FIRST,we,the people,have to take back control of the government and try to sit that back in order. Until we do that,there will NOT be any budget cuts,special cash gifts to minorities,illegal aliens,etc,etc in order to buy their votes.

THE very first thing that needs to be done is to overhaul the election system to insure that ONLY American citizens who have no felony convictions are even allowed to vote. Everybody else can just pound sand,or get the hell out if they don't like it.

After that is when we need to start weeding out the budgets,but NOTHING can be allowed to get in the way of restoring our system of voting,where ONLY US citizens can vote,and they have to register first and PROVE their citizenship before being allowed to register.

Until and unless that is done,everything else is just pissing in the wind.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You,and those in complete agreement with you are the ones that are delusional.

FIRST,we,the people,have to take back control of the government and try to sit that back in order. Until we do that,there will NOT be any budget cuts,special cash gifts to minorities,illegal aliens,etc,etc in order to buy their votes.

What the hell does this even mean?

You don't "take back" the government until you reduce it's size and power.

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

Sen Cruz denounced the Ethanol Subsidies and won Iowa in 15.

Yes he did.

I haven't heard any of the GOP 2024 candidates say they'll cut this. If we can't cut this, what can we cut??

Trump tariffs hurt American farmers and he bragged about the checks he "gave" them as if it was something to be proud of

« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 11:43:22 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
What the hell does this even mean?

You don't "take back" the government until you reduce it's size and power.

@LMAO

FIRST,you have to take back control of the government BEFORE you can do ANYTHING.

WTH am I even having to explain something THAT freaking basic?

Offline LMAO

Yup

I would love to be wrong about Trump. If he got elected and adopted a more Coolidge/Goldwater style of governing, nothing would please me more than to say to his most loyal of supporters, "I was wrong."

Because if I'm right, and there are plenty of indications that I am, the consequences will be catastrophic

Barry Goldwater